FEDEX eBay offer

Hi,

Is anyone have comments about the FEDEX offer received from ebay yesterday ?

Few questions ;

If we sign in with this offer, can we select under which carrier (CPC or FEDEX) item shipping will be offer ?

If we sign in with this offer, can we still offer buyers shipping choice, i.e. FEDEX, CPC, or others ? 

... Thank you all for your input on this !

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

FEDEX eBay offer

What FedEx offer?

I suggest you direct your question to eBay staff:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/January-21st-2015-Weekly-Board-Hour/m-p/291455...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

FEDEX eBay offer

Hi Pierre,

Will do... in the means time I try to figure out if it is something viable... 😉

Here the link for the FEDEX offer ;

https://www.fedex.com/fcl/ALL?enrollmentid=eb16566114&country=ca&language=en

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

FEDEX eBay offer

73rhc
Community Member
Good questions. How compentitive wil their prices be as opposed to CP?
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

FEDEX eBay offer

I received the offer and signed up for it.  Fed Ex requires you to make a user account with password, provide your shipping address and billing address and provide a credit card number with verification code.  There is a user agreement you are required to agree to which also provides a pricing outline down at the bottom but I'll copy and past the pricing section below:

http://www.fedex.com/ca_english/ebay/seller-agreement.html

Pricing Details

FedEx ServiceDelivered By*eBay Seller Discount Rates
Intra-Canada  
FedEx Economy®1 to 3 business days by 5 p.m. to businesses and by 8 p.m. to residences in most metropolitan areas

Envelope $12 flat rate

Pak $15 flat rate

Box 50% off with a minimum transportation charge of $15.

FedEx 2 Day®5 p.m. in 1 to 2 business days to businesses and by 8 p.m. to residences in most metropolitan areas30% off
FedEx Priority Overnight®Morning, next business day to most metropolitan areas
2 to 3 business days to other areas
30% off
FedEx First Overnight®10 a.m. next business day to most metropolitan areas30% off
International to the U.S.  
FedEx® International Economy**Second business day by 4:30 p.m. to businesses and by 8 p.m. to residences in the U.S.

Box 1lb.  $18 flat rate

Box 2-10 lbs.  $22 flat rate

Box 11-20 lbs.  65% off

Box 21+ lbs.  50% off

FedEx International Priority®10:30 a.m. next business day to the U.S.30% off
International to Rest of World  
FedEx® International Economy2 to 5 business days to most major world markets

Box 1 lb.  52% off

Box 2-5 lbs.  48% off

Box 6+ lbs.  43% off

FedEx International Priority®1 to 3 business days to rest of world.30% off

*Some restrictions apply. See the Terms and Conditions in the FedEx Service Guide at fedex.ca for details.
†Discounts are off applicable published FedEx transportation rates in effect at the time of shipment. Discounts and flat rates cannot be combined with other offers or discounts and are exclusive of any FedEx surcharges, premiums or special handling fees. Eligible services and discounts are subject to change.
**FedEx® International Economy discounts and flat rates for Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico: 1lb $20, 2-10 lbs. $25, 11-20 lbs. 50% off, 21+ lbs. 40% off.

For paypal it is my understanding under our paypal accounts we have a default shipping setting.  Mine is set to use Canada Post for shipments so I don't think anything will change by signing up for Fed-Ex.  It's likely that the Fed-Ex account just provides me with additional shipping options to use Fed-Ex when I need to.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

FEDEX eBay offer

Probably not with the envelop pricing but the FEDEX flat rate for pak at $ 15 it is just amazing if it is applicable ?!?!... for offer pricing see joetriever post next !!!
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

FEDEX eBay offer

Thanks for posting this information.  So how will it work if a seller signs up and is using Paypal labels?  Do you know whether an additional option (for FedEx) will be available in the drop-down list when you're selecting a shipping service? 

I wouldn't mind trying FedEx as an alternative to the ever-increasing cost of Canada Post Xpresspost (especially to the U.S.) but does anyone yet know generally how prices compare?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

FEDEX eBay offer

Whoops, sorry, I see you've posted the rates for flat-rate FedEx envelopes and boxes.  $22 for a 2-10 lb. flat-rate envelope is great, compared to Canada Post to the U.S. by Xpresspost. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

FEDEX eBay offer

@rose-dee wrote:

I wouldn't mind trying FedEx as an alternative to the ever-increasing cost of Canada Post Xpresspost (especially to the U.S.) but does anyone yet know generally how prices compare?

Rose

My experience has been, and I say this begrudgingly as I hate Canada Post, that CP is still the cheapest for shipping to the USA. If you are shipping within Canada (I have very few sales to Canada) the FedEx might be an option, I dunno.

One you start sending packages across an International border with FedEx or UPS etc there are so many fees and misc. charges that start to add up you find no savings even if the initial rate looked good. They charge you extra to deliver to a residential address vs business, brokerage fees which btw, if the buyer refuses to pay will be billed back to your account as part of the agreement you sign, Even charges that shouldn't be assessed seem to show up in billing too frequently and you have to spend untold time on the phone trying to straighten it out. That's if you're lucky enough those charges ended up on your end and not the customer's who will now be mad at you.

I don't use Canada Post because I love them, because I sure dont, but over the years I have tried pretty much every alternative and CP still ends up being the cheapest and most straightforward with no hidden fees or "accounting errors" etc.

Cheers,

thD

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

FEDEX eBay offer

Very comprehensive. Thank you.

Are those prices in Canadian dollars?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

FEDEX eBay offer

This is not the big deal I thought it was at first glance (should have known).  "economy" isn't the cheap one, in fact its dramatically higher then ground that compares to CP expedited most of us would be using.  eg list price for 5kg to Toronto for me (260km)

Thu Jan 22, 2015 by 8:00 PMFedEx Economy®44.94 

End of day(1 Business Day)FedEx Ground®17.22

So half off is still no deal.  No discount at all on ground,  I dont care if its slightly quicker

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

FEDEX eBay offer

Yes the prices are in Cdn $ as the chart lists Canada as "Intra-Canada", US as "International to the US" and other countries as "International to Rest of the World". 

For my business it makes sense to stick with using Canada post as I ship light and small packet 99% of the time but it's nice to know there is an option of using Fed-Ex at a discount if I need to use it or if a customer requests courier shipping which they do once in awhile..

There are companies out there who pass on the discount to customers they get through Fed-Ex.  When it was cold and the roads were bad earlier this month I ordered about 75lbs of dog food and treats from an online pet merchant who charged me only $17.64 for Fed-Ex ground to ship it to my door.  That saved me a 65km drive on slippery highways in cold weather to the nearest pet food store plus my time and Fed Ex carried it right inside for me. It was worth it! 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply