14 REPLIES 14

FLASH COUPON

Facebook newsfeed. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

FLASH COUPON

Flash Coupon – CAD$15 off CAD$75

How to redeem your Coupon:

1. Shop for eligible items (See below for exclusions.)
2. Pay for your item with PayPal by 10PM Eastern Time on December 15, 2016
3. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: CAFLASH1215

Notes

The Coupon is for a $15 CAD discount off a minimum purchase of $75 CAD, valid until 10:00 PM ET on December 15, 2016. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.ca. Eligible items exclude Coins &Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate. Coupon can be used once per PayPal account within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last. Only eBay members paying with a PayPal account registered with an address located in Canada can receive the discount. Coupon cannot be combined with any other Coupon or used when paying with an eBay Gift Card.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

FLASH COUPON

Thank you. When I clicked 'terms' it took me to the Holiday Deals details. Which I knew was not pertinent to this offer.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

FLASH COUPON

dtouza
Community Member

I'm trying to use the coupon but it's not working. My oder total is 57.29 USD that's 76 CAD and I keep getting a message "We can't apply this code until you reach the minimum order total."

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

FLASH COUPON

@dtouza wrote:

I'm trying to use the coupon but it's not working. My oder total is 57.29 USD that's 76 CAD and I keep getting a message "We can't apply this code until you reach the minimum order total."

CANADIAN $ on eBay.CA not US$ on eBay.COM

"Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.ca."

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

FLASH COUPON

I am on eBay.ca but the oder total is showing in US$ when in checkout is there a way to change it?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

FLASH COUPON

@dtouza wrote:

I am on eBay.ca but the order total is showing in US$ when in checkout is there a way to change it?

If listed in US$, the seller (usually) has listed that item on eBay.COM (not eBay.CA).

I suppose you could ask the seller if they would be willing to list the item on eBay.CA in Canadian $ for you to buy.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

FLASH COUPON

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@dtouza wrote:

CANADIAN $ on eBay.CA not US$ on eBay.COM

"Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.ca."

Are you saying then that the purchases must be made from those which are LISTED on .ca (in other words, Canadian seller, location, and dollars) and not just those being bought while shopping FROM .ca (could be anything then, USD, Euros, etc)? 

Have I got that right?  The way to use the coupon then is to choose CANADA ONLY from the left side of the page and shop from the offerings there? 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

FLASH COUPON

That's my guess based on what's written in the terms.

But this eBay, where clear details are not one of their strong points.

-..-

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

FLASH COUPON

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

That's my guess based on what's written in the terms.

But this eBay, where clear details are not one of their strong points.

lol!  True.  It doesn't specify Canadian items, sellers, and location.  And everything gets translated into $CAD. 

Its limiting for buyers but good for Canadian sellers if it can be made plain to people that the way to use the coupon is first pick CANADA ONLY and then start searching.  I can't help wonder if a detail like that was left out on purpose, like a coupon is offered but so few people will sort out the details and just end up buying $57 worth of USD anyway, no discount. 

Maybe I'm just being a cynic.   🙂 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

FLASH COUPON

I had a cart full of stuff this morning before seeing this on Facebook. I'll have to experiment.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

FLASH COUPON

About that 'minimum order' error message. There was or is a similar promo running on eBay dot COM I noticed recently.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

FLASH COUPON

Actually, I just redeemed this ebay CAFLASH1215 on ebay.com for an order originally shipping to my American address before 
I decided to send it to my Canadian one. I had no doffuclty with the coupon redemption at checkout for any reason to either address. 

Go figure.

It gave me a discount of the USD equivalent, like $10.85 USD or so. 

The seller had listed on ebay.com in USD and ships from the USA.

It was an order that hit the $100-mark. Unless the coupon code for ebay.com was or is exactly the same as ours. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

FLASH COUPON

Too late for anyone now but I know how this was working in case the next is the same.  Buying US$ items was different then usual  this time

If you bought CAN$75 of eligible CA$ listed items in your cart you were good for $15 off

If you bought CAN$75 of CAN$ listed items and some were not eligilble, eg $50 item plus not eligilbe $25 gift card, it prorated the coupon amount.  So in that case you got $10 off.  I didn't try it but apparently if shipping amount was needed to make $75 it worked like that with the non shipping amount getting the prorated discount

If you bought US$ listed items, your cart needed to be US$75 but the discount was still the equivalent of CAN$ 15.  That part was different then how they usually work and seems to be a glitch

If you try and buy multiple items in mixed currencies to meet the $75 it doesn't work at all

"One per customer" is based on payapl accounts not ebay id, so you need more paypal accounts to use it more then once

Lots of Canadians jsut got $20 off $50 coupons good until Dec 22 from the black friday weekend promo

Sellers still having  "wait for my invoice for shipping or tax calculation" are missing out on buyers looking to use these flash coupons quickly.  As are sellers with high shipping amount to item price ratios

Message 15 of 15
latest reply