Google Base

Can anyone help with the following?

Since about a week, our nightly, automated, feeds have bees disapproved by Google Base due to the listing currency being in "CAD" instead of "USD"

I am unsure if they have always been in "CAD" and Google Base only recently caught on to this or if eBay recently instituted a change.

Last night, I downloaded the feed to my PC and changed all references of "CAD" to "USD". This morning the feed was again disapproved, this time because the actual pricing was still the "CAD" conversion from "USD".

I guess I could change the pricing manually but that would be tedious.

3 calls to support in the last week yielded no results as no one was in a position to offer any assistance with this (somewhat convoluted) question.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

We list on .ca, in USD and are trying to have our feed included on Google Base's USA site.

Thanks
Bernie
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Google Base

Since about a week, our nightly, automated, feeds have bees disapproved by Google Base

Please help me out - I am interested, but I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Thanks,
Axe
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Google Base

OK, so there is a change within eBay it seems.

Bernie
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Google Base

Don't know if this will help or not. I don't use the feed for ebay stuff because I have html in my desc and was told that will stop items loading.

I do use the feed on another site and had to tweak the descriptions a lot to get them to finally go - had to remove " and write inches, take out & sign and never use quotation marks.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Google Base

Hi bits-n-pieces.

I actually changed all CAD references to USD in the coded feed, uploaded it manually and, next day, got an email back from Google saying that's nice but our pricing is still a conversion to CAD from USD and does not match our listings (they are right).

Have put in 3 calls to eBay support now and they are absolutely clueless.

I realize, however, that it's not a basic, everyday issue. It almost seems as if listing on the .ca site precludes inclusion in Google Base, period.

Bernie
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Google Base

That really sucks. I was thinking of redoing or adding some listings on .ca that would comply and then send them off to Google.

Just so I'm clear on the problem - you are listing on .ca and picking US$ as the currency, but G is reading that as a conversion from Canadian to US - am I right?
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Google Base

We list on .ca.
We list in USD only.
Google fetches the feed that eBay generates.
eBay generates the feed in CAD.
That is the problem.
Below is a sample of what the feed looks like, whereas our listing price is actually USD 1.95. I have replace the tag symbols with brackets as they otherwise will not display in this post.

Bernie

(rss version="2.0")

(channel)

(item)
(id)370141665601(/id)

(title)
Cox 049 Model Airplane Engine LEFT HAND Starter Cam
(/title)
(brand)see description(brand)
(condition)-(/condition)

(description)
Cox 049 Model Airplane Engine LEFT HAND Starter Cam
(/description)
(g:image_link)http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/370141665601.jpg(/g:image_link)
(g:product_type)Aircraft(/g:product_type)
(g:quantity)9(/g:quantity)
(g:expiration_date_time)2009-02-07T03:44:03(/g:expiration_date_time)

(ink)
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370141665601&category=34056&refid=store
(link)
(g:price)2.31(/g:price)
(g:currency)CAD(/g:currency)
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Google Base

Thanks - I list the same way so no use in spending the time creating and editing to conform for the G feeds till that issue is resolved.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply