How can I change an active auction listing that has no bids to a fixed price listing

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to change a listing that is listed as an auction but has not received any bids, change to a fixed price listing?  To my knowledge, I can only see one option ----- end the listing and start again

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

How can I change an active auction listing that has no bids to a fixed price listing

mcrlmn
Community Member

Those are the only options available.

You can't "change an active auction listing that has no bids to a fixed price listing" unless it has ended and is an edited relist/sell similar.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You can't change it, you need to end it first and then go to "unsold" and click on sell similar and select fixed price while you are making the changes.  You can send send a fixed price listing to online auction, but you can't do the opposite.

Auctions are not what they used to be, I gave up on auction style listings a while ago.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

mcrlmn
Community Member

Those are the only options available.

You can't "change an active auction listing that has no bids to a fixed price listing" unless it has ended and is an edited relist/sell similar.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You can't change it, you need to end it first and then go to "unsold" and click on sell similar and select fixed price while you are making the changes.  You can send send a fixed price listing to online auction, but you can't do the opposite.

Auctions are not what they used to be, I gave up on auction style listings a while ago.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for your reply and confirmation of what I had thought to be the answer that I would receive.

I too, will be giving up on auctions.  If you start the bidding near or at the price that you want for the item, you rarely receive any action.  If you start the bidding at a lower than value price, you can and usually, end up selling the item for less than value.  Considering both sales are subject to E Bay commissions and then of course, there is also Pay Pal fees, perhaps there are better options out there for some of us.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply