How do i change to eBay.com for $USD, i don't wanna sell in $CAD

I don't like the new change eBay will bring on June 1st, I don't care listed in $CAD doing better than $USD

I would like to be paid in $USD and want to list my stuffs in $USD

they said i can change my listing to eBay.com

How do i do that?

Help

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@computekgreensolution wrote:

I don't like the new change eBay will bring on June 1st, I don't care listed in $CAD doing better than $USD

I would like to be paid in $USD and want to list my stuffs in $USD

they said i can change my listing to eBay.com

How do i do that?

You could use the migration tool.

More info: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Webinar-on-Migration-Tool/m-p/338491

But with just 5 listings you could aldo just relist them manually on ebay.com after they end. And you do have two of those listings can be renewed on eBay.ca for another 30 days in US$ since they end in May.

Your BIG problem when you switch over to eBay.COM will be deciding how to handle shipping. While you can still buy Canada Post shipping via paypal after you make a sale, you will not be able to use it as calculated shipping option on eBay.com

-..-

Here's a list of current shipping choices when listing on eBay.com for the Canadian seller (who ships from Canada)

-.-

To the USA
All flat rate, no calculated, with expected delivery time.

Economy Shipping from outside US (11 to 23 business days)
Standard Shipping from outside US (6 to 10 business days)
Expedited Shipping from outside US (1 to 4 business days)
Flat rate Freight

-.-

Outside the USA, to the rest of the world (including Canada)
All flat rate, no calculated, countries are selectable.

Economy Int'l Shipping
Standard Int'l Shipping
Expedited Int'l Shipping

You can have up to 5 separate International rates for countries you select plus can have "Require buyers to contact you for international shipping costs" as a choice. This last International option allows the potential buyer to ask for a cost and you can calculate a shipping cost to their country.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Two things you should be aware of in addition to the shipping concerns:

• Whatever currency you list in, your customer sees the price in Search in his own currency.

So if your customer Searches eBay Canada he sees your USD price in Canadian dollars.

Your German customer Searching on eBay Germany sees your USD price in euros.

Your Australian customer sees Australian dollars.

• You can only avoid foreign exchange on US dollar payments by opening an account in a US bank.

Opening a USD account in a Canadian bank doesn't work.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply