How long should

evassev
Community Member

Hi guys,

I've recently bought a vintage tin sign and paid the buyer on Oct. 25 (she issued me an invoice with extra shipping costs), but up to now still I have not had any shipment notification. Also, although I've sent the buyer two shipping requests, I still have no response. How long should I wait before I ask eBay for help?

Thanks!

Best,

Emil 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How long should

give it time to arrive,you have 45 days to report not received./

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

How long should

You paid on the 25th and by the 29th, you've already sent two emails? That's excessive. You have 45 days to file any disputes. No need to stress over it so soon.

I've received lots of items that I've purchased on ebay without ever getting a shipping notice and I never complained to the sellers either. The items arrived and I was happy.

Be patient or you will make things unnecessarily difficult.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

How long should

Wrong question.

and paid the buyer on Oct. 25 (she issued me an invoice with extra shipping costs),

Sellers are not allowed to charge more than the advertised shipping charge. There are a couple of exceptions.

If the seller has agreed to ship to a destination she does not usually ship to and did not advertise a fee for, she can correct the invoice to allow for the different shipping costs.

If the buyer asks for a different shipping service (for example, priority shipping instead of regular parcel) the seller can charge more for that service.

But usually, "extra shipping costs" should raise a red flag.

If you have not received your purchase by Day 20 (from Europe or North America) or Day 30 (from Asia) start an Item Not Received dispute.

Until then, it's probably on its way.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply