I was given a refund to my paypal account. This is all new to me. Where did that money go to? Back to my credit card? Please let me know

hulkamaniacwheels
Community Member

looking to find out where my refund to paypal went to?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I was given a refund to my paypal account. This is all new to me. Where did that money go to? Back to my credit card? Please let me know

scifan57
Community Member
If you funded your PayPal payment with your credit card,the refund will be sent back to your credit card account, it may take a few days for it to show up. If you paid with a bank account,the refund stays in your PayPal account, where you can use it to shop on eBay or transfer it to your bank account.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'hulkamaniacwheels',

Refunds go back the same way they went out.  So in your case it will go back on your card, but it may take a couple days.  Call the customer serivce number associated with your card and you can hear all the recent transactions that way to ascertain that you have been refunded. 

You should also have received a paypal notice in your regular email saying that your payment has been refunded.  That shows up seconds after the refund is issued.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply