Is there any posibility to bypass the Global shipping program when we checkout?

sb2634
Community Member

I just bought an item and paid 33$ for that item and 27$ for that **bleep**ing global shippoing program. Also, we got bad communication ( me and seller) because of the confusion of that and thew global shipping program provide a wrong adress to the seller where to ship my order.

I will no more bid on item where is specified that the item will be ship trough that program.

Is it an another way to eBay to take our money?

All the fees begin to be to much,

Please someone can learn to me more about that **bleep**ing program?

How to bypass it?

Serge

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

ime in the same boat here I buy my item for $140, then pay the seller $23 for domestic shipping, then $43 for international shipping and $21 for import charges to a third party company, why are we paying shipping cost 2 times to 2 different places? seems like fraud to me.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

OP - the amount paid to GPS sounds wrong.

You would be paying duty, sales tax (between 5%  and 15% depending on province) and approximately $5 for a service fee. It is unlikely that duty is more than 5 or 6%.

Call CBSA and ask about the rate for your particular item.

There are several threads about the Program explaining exactly where the money goes and pointing out weaknesses in the program.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

ime in the same boat here I buy my item for $140, then pay the seller $23 for domestic shipping, then $43 for international shipping and $21 for import charges to a third party company, why are we paying shipping cost 2 times to 2 different places? seems like fraud to me

Sounds like an incompetent seller to me.

Did the seller ship directly to you, even though he is enrolled in the Global Shipping Program?

What is supposed to happen is that the item is sent to Pitney Bowes' facility in Kentucky, where Canadian duty and sales tax are remitted to Canada, and a service fee is charged to cover shipping to Canada.

Depending on your province, sales tax alone would be between $7 (AB) and $15 (NB).

You give the value of the item but not the weight and dimensions. If the item is bulky or heavy, it will be more expensive to ship domestically and internationally.

Post the number of the listing so we can see.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

7975roy
Community Member

It is not in Ebay's economic interests to permit a response to this inquiry. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply