May 25th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

We are back with the weekly chat session. I'll keep the thread open all day today.

About the migration tool:

Even though I have been unable to participate in the various threads going on this subject, every post written has been read. We have a first wave of enhancements coming very soon, in a matter of days. We will also continue to improve as much as possible.

Open issues:

• View Order Details page showing erroneous currency conversion
  • FVF on shipping charged on international sales even when there was free domestic shipping
  • Odd missing gallery picture in search results
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)

Updates:

• Selling limits live items count discrepancy - Trouble shooting was performed, we believe the discrepancy in the use case submitted was due to categories (some categories don't have the same limits rules). We are investigating further.
  • Wrong tax rates applied to PayPal labels - Issue resolved on May 7. Please see supplemental post on this subject.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

<p>How convenient. Provide a useless tool... 5000 listing to move but who cares right. No one's problem but the sellers... because we asked for this. Provide us with a useless tool that's doesn't work. Take 40% of my profit every month so I do what ebay thinks I need.&nbsp;</p>
Message 21 of 37
latest reply

Hi Raphael.

Guess I didn't explain myself well enough. i apologize and will try again. 

The migration tool told me I had 1445 USD listings on .ca to be converted. From the beginning I doubted that number as I figured it should be closer to 2500.

All 1445 listings have been moved successfully to .com, but....

When using the bulk edit tool I find there are still a lot of my listings on .ca. that are listed in USD. The migration tool never picked these listings up. 

I did send you an email on the weekend with a couple of screen shots. One of the screen shots didn't work out and you now own a picture of my grand kids. Enjoy! 

So my question is what do I do with these 1000 or so listings? Why aren't they showing up in the migration tool? 

I will send you another email, with more screen shots. Hopefully no more pics of the kiddies, but they are kind of cute. 

Al 

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

I have sent an email to you.
Message 23 of 37
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

Raphael -  I want to bring another serious problem with Paypal labels to your attention.  When printing labels with two or more items only one item is printed on the label, but it is printed multiple times.  This has happened to me twice.

In the first occurrence the package had 2 items (a comic book and music cd).  When I printed the label the music cd info was printed twice and no mention of the comic anywhere on the label!  This error of course meant the item contents, values and weights were all listed incorrectly as only one items info was listed twice on the label. 

I had this happen again today when I printed a label with two magazines and only the info for the second magazine printed on the label twice.

This is a serious problem that needs to be brought to the attention of the appropriate people ASAP so that it can be corrected. 

This is happening to other sellers as well.  There is a thread in the Sellers section titled - A different problem with Paypal labels - that has more about this issue.

Have you called paypal Shipping about this? I did the first time it happened to me. Perhaps if we all called it would expedite a fix. 

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

@photosalp wrote:

Hi Raphael.

Guess I didn't explain myself well enough. i apologize and will try again. 

The migration tool told me I had 1445 USD listings on .ca to be converted. From the beginning I doubted that number as I figured it should be closer to 2500.

All 1445 listings have been moved successfully to .com, but....

When using the bulk edit tool I find there are still a lot of my listings on .ca. that are listed in USD. The migration tool never picked these listings up. 

I did send you an email on the weekend with a couple of screen shots. One of the screen shots didn't work out and you now own a picture of my grand kids. Enjoy! 

So my question is what do I do with these 1000 or so listings? Why aren't they showing up in the migration tool? 

I will send you another email, with more screen shots. Hopefully no more pics of the kiddies, but they are kind of cute. 

Al 

Hi Al, thanks for expanding. Your grand kids are very cute indeed!

I understand your issue now and have logged it appropriately.

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

@forester_studios wrote:

Raphael -  I want to bring another serious problem with Paypal labels to your attention.  When printing labels with two or more items only one item is printed on the label, but it is printed multiple times.  This has happened to me twice.

In the first occurrence the package had 2 items (a comic book and music cd).  When I printed the label the music cd info was printed twice and no mention of the comic anywhere on the label!  This error of course meant the item contents, values and weights were all listed incorrectly as only one items info was listed twice on the label. 

I had this happen again today when I printed a label with two magazines and only the info for the second magazine printed on the label twice.

This is a serious problem that needs to be brought to the attention of the appropriate people ASAP so that it can be corrected. 

This is happening to other sellers as well.  There is a thread in the Sellers section titled - A different problem with Paypal labels - that has more about this issue.

Have you called paypal Shipping about this? I did the first time it happened to me. Perhaps if we all called it would expedite a fix. 

I got an immediate reply from PayPal and they say they are looking into it.

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

Thank you. If sellers know to expect this glitch with an international labels, they can try to workaround it with generic lots and a total cost as opposed to a detailed breakdown but it doesn't provide the most accurate description of contents this way. Sooner or later, I expect that may cause problems for someone.
Message 27 of 37
latest reply

Today (May 26) I received an invitation from eBay to "Create your Promoted Listings campaign "

Great!

However, the terms (fine print) read:   listings that are promoted on www.ebay.com 

Will eBay.ca offer a similar promotion to Canadian sellers for listings listed in Cdn$ on eBay.ca?

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

How will Ebay be compensating sellers for the countless hours spent on manually converting listings?

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

Here is a copy of a post from one of the other threads.

------

I see sellers spending hundreds of hours trying to deal with this. I have never seen a vendor with such little regard for it's customer base. How will Ebay be compensating sellers for the countless of hours work required to convert listings? I understand Ebay made an "executive" decision... A stupid one in the opinion of many, but a decision nevertheless. But in doing so, at least it could have created a well thought out tool that was seamless to the selling customer base not a hack job that requires hours of manual intervention and is susceptible to user error.  With the endless supply of money and IT resources available to it, it's inexcusable for this fiasco to have occurred. Many of us have small businesses that also include Ebay as part of the sales channel quiver. This whole thing is nothing short of ridiculous. And on so many levels at that!!! A bad decision with even a worse execution that has consequences for sellers that Ebay choses to completely disregard.  And now Ebay sits silent over this with zero support available to it's PAYING customers.

Message 30 of 37
latest reply

OSX with firefox.

But I just gave up on the Tool and am changing my listings manually.

As my dear departed mummy would say. "sod this for a game of soldiers."

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

Raphael, 

I have sent you another email, but I imagine you have a lot of emails about the tool. Just so it doesn't get lost, here is the message I sent you. 

Just in case it causes you some problem, you should know that I manually converted the first example (AL17a) on the list I sent you to .com. I wanted to see what the workflow would be like migrating these listings one at a time manually. Not pretty. It took a few minutes and I figure I have about 1000 listings to do. That adds up to 50 HOURS of work. That’s 50 hours I could be spending listing new material. I hope eBay can get the migration tool working properly.

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

femmefan, do you have any great tips on converting listings manually? Here's what I did.

End listing on .ca

Create new listing on .com

Find photos on my computer.

Submit.

Rinse and repeat 1000 times! 

That took almost three minutes for one listing. Not impressed and would welcome any ideas. I can't see an easier way to do it, but it's not like I'm smart or anything. 

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Today (May 26) I received an invitation from eBay to "Create your Promoted Listings campaign "

Great!

However, the terms (fine print) read:   listings that are promoted on www.ebay.com 

Will eBay.ca offer a similar promotion to Canadian sellers for listings listed in Cdn$ on eBay.ca?

Hi Pierre,

I'm not 100% sure that you should have received that email as a Canadian seller. I'll check with Rodney who headed that project for Canada.

With that said, the promoted listings feature is not scheduled to come to eBay.ca at this time, but as I understand it, it is available to Canadian sellers on eBay.com.

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

@thecoinhunterca wrote:

Here is a copy of a post from one of the other threads.

------

I see sellers spending hundreds of hours trying to deal with this. I have never seen a vendor with such little regard for it's customer base. How will Ebay be compensating sellers for the countless of hours work required to convert listings? I understand Ebay made an "executive" decision... A stupid one in the opinion of many, but a decision nevertheless. But in doing so, at least it could have created a well thought out tool that was seamless to the selling customer base not a hack job that requires hours of manual intervention and is susceptible to user error.  With the endless supply of money and IT resources available to it, it's inexcusable for this fiasco to have occurred. Many of us have small businesses that also include Ebay as part of the sales channel quiver. This whole thing is nothing short of ridiculous. And on so many levels at that!!! A bad decision with even a worse execution that has consequences for sellers that Ebay choses to completely disregard.  And now Ebay sits silent over this with zero support available to it's PAYING customers.

Hello thecoinhunterca,

We fully understand the burden that our decision has put on the affected sellers. It was carefully considered actually.

We also recognize that the migration tool launch has been a little bumpy, to say the least. However there is a new release for the tool just around the corner, which will address the largest pain points as well as many of the issues reported until now. Amongst others things, the new version will include:

• A button to refresh the list of items pulled by the tool
  • The possibility to re-process items that were already migrated
  • New view options that allow you to differentiate between sold and unsold items
  • Enhancements that will improve load and processing times, enhanced status messaging
  • Bug fixes to address issues such as duplicated listings pulled into the tool

We will announce that these enhancements are live very shortly.

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

@photosalp wrote:

Raphael, 

I have sent you another email, but I imagine you have a lot of emails about the tool. Just so it doesn't get lost, here is the message I sent you. 

Just in case it causes you some problem, you should know that I manually converted the first example (AL17a) on the list I sent you to .com. I wanted to see what the workflow would be like migrating these listings one at a time manually. Not pretty. It took a few minutes and I figure I have about 1000 listings to do. That adds up to 50 HOURS of work. That’s 50 hours I could be spending listing new material. I hope eBay can get the migration tool working properly.

Confirming that I got your emails and that your case is now in the hands of the developer for review and resolve. Totally agree that manually moving items to eBay.com is not scalable at all, I'm confident that the upcoming tool release makes it usable for you.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

This concludes our weekly session. Thanks for joining and see you next time.

Message 37 of 37
latest reply