More Canada Post

niko_and_co
Community Member
Okay I stupidly signed up for the great powerseller deal from our friends at CP. Now what? Can I get out of it? Not likely I think. Any alternatives.suggestions/scoldings/rants?
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

More Canada Post

laplaya29
Community Member
I think you could write and tell them to withdraw your application. I once signed up for a program called My Store Credit and then realized once I got into the nuts and bolts of it, that I didnt want to participate in the program, it was just too complicated for my needs, when they sent me an invoice, I politely wrote and asked them to cancel their invoice and remove me from the program. If they checked, I had not used their program since I signed up and I had no intention of using their program. I said I realize that I signed up and if they feel I owe them something for doing that and not using the program, then I would pay what I owe them, but I felt they should just close my account. They tried to talk me into trying their promotions, but I stood my ground, it wasnt something that I was interested in participating in after reading all the fine print. They cancelled my invoice.
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

Yeap, powersellers get anywhere from 10 to 15% discount, but you can sign up yourself just as well with canada post as a small business and get similar discount (actually a bit less but no way to compare) with no restriction and less complication.
with the powerseller/ebay/canada post deal, you have to prepay with credit card and use their online tool to complete any mailing.
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

auctiondropnship
Community Member
And the PS discount is only on Air Mail over 1kg

While on your own it's on all items over 1kg
Todd
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

niko_and_co
Community Member
So can I get out of it?
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

ospreylinks
Community Member
Sign up for a new account with C.P. possibly under a different name. They will give you an account number and user agreement number, use this account and just forget about the Powerseller account.....

Jeff

Why worry about getting out of it, I don't think there is a monthly service charge for a dormant account is there?
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

niko_and_co
Community Member
Good point - not necessary if starting from scratch.
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

auctiondropnship
Community Member
They will know your account from the address you give an postal code

I tried that it will not work
Auction Drop N Ship

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

ospreylinks
Community Member
Can't you just inform them it is for a different business and you need a separate account?

Jeff
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

auctiondropnship
Community Member
Tried that , when on the phoned . 1 account for 1 address
Auction Drop N Ship

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

jakeeangel
Community Member
Can you just ask them to change it from the eBay deal to a regular small business account? Would they change it then do you think?

What is it that you don't like about it Niko? I have an account with CP but I was curious to know about the eBay deal. If you don't mind my asking that is. 🙂
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

teastar2
Community Member
I hadn't heard of the Ebay deal either, I have a venture one card that gives me 5% off anything over 1kg, although you register as a small business to get that, the PS thing sounds complicated
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

niko_and_co
Community Member
Okay - just got off the phone with CP. apparently they would consider switching me to a regular business account if I might their quote and get this - small packets don't count towards your quota. How many people selling on Ebay do I know with CP accounts that ship small packets? Lots!

What don't I like? No discount for shipments to the US, can only pay by credit card.

Guess I'm looking at driving to the US. Would rather sit at the border for four hours a week than give CP my $300+ a week.

Rant finished.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

jakeeangel
Community Member
I wonder if that's new. When I opened mine a few years ago I was told that all shipments count towards the quota. I hope that hasn't changed.
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

auctiondropnship
Community Member
Having had a Canada Post account for 8 years . Since the time of having my account . They have always only charged for packages above 1kg not small packet toward the discount

Reguarding the amount of packages per year . This as well has only been on just on large packages

cheers
Todd
Auction Drop N Ship

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

I just became power seller today and noticed this offer. Guess I'll stick to my venture one card for now 😞
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

abcit
Community Member
Does powersellers can really get 10-15% discount from CP? coz I called them yesterday and was told that if I change my venture one account to powersellers account, everything is the same. Could you give me some suggestions?
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

niko_and_co
Community Member
You get the same discounts as Venture but you can print the labels at home and just drop them off at the post office. You HAVE to pay by credit card. No discount for parcels to the US or small packets. Good deal? NOT!
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

lina-mallows
Community Member
niko_and_co - Okay I stupidly signed up for the great powerseller deal from our friends at CP. Now what? Can I get out of it? Not likely I think.

So- here's another seller "niko_and_co " that felt TRAPPED in a PROGRAMME that being a POWER SELLER afforded them.
Message 19 of 21
latest reply

More Canada Post

tea_past_times
Community Member
Oh, Lina, you are so right, so correct, I agree with you so much. Looking forward to paying more attention to you in the future.
Message 20 of 21
latest reply