Payment Issue With eBay

Hi,

I recently bought a couple things from a couple sellers, some things for work, some things for myself and when i was in the middle of sending my payment and i believe i got "Timed Out" when sending the payment. The ebay payment sent sign ($) wasn't brightn'd . I checked both paypal and my bank account statement to make sure and it shows it went through. So i sent the sellers a message saying to check their paypal accounts for payment but one of the sellers for 1 item says "The payment is still pending on paypal" but it says completed on my end. Getting kinda worried here Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Payment Issue With eBay

@zer0-2k1010 wrote:

Hi,

I recently bought a couple things from a couple sellers, some things for work, some things for myself and when i was in the middle of sending my payment and i believe i got "Timed Out" when sending the payment. The ebay payment sent sign ($) wasn't brightn'd . I checked both paypal and my bank account statement to make sure and it shows it went through. So i sent the sellers a message saying to check their paypal accounts for payment but one of the sellers for 1 item says "The payment is still pending on paypal" but it says completed on my end. Getting kinda worried here Smiley Frustrated

You paid with bank account?

Then the pending could an e-cheque (the seller should also be able to see a clearing date).

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Payment Issue With eBay

Or if the seller is new, selling high-value/high-fraud items or has a poor customer service record, Paypal may be holding your payment for up to 21 days against his good performance.

If the problem is an "e-cheque", he cannot even print the shipping label through PP until it clears both the Canadian and the US banking systems, which can take up to 10 days, but is usually faster.

If the problem is the 21 Day Hold, once PP has received the cleared payment, the seller has 7 days to ship, although he will not actually get paid himself until the Hold is over.

Check your seller's Detailed Seller Ratings. If he has less than 25 sales recorded or if his DSRs are under 4.5 Stars, PP may be holding your payment sort of in escrow until you  get the item and are happy.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Payment Issue With eBay

Or if the seller is new, selling high-value/high-fraud items or has a poor customer service record, Paypal may be holding your payment for up to 21 days against his good performance.

In a case like that, I think that the buyer sees the payment as being completed, not pending.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply