Payment issue

I have a buyer who purchased an item a couple days ago using an echeck

So the icons showed the usual, checkout completed icon activated, and payment received icon has the hourglass

That's all fine, today, (2 days later) the hourglass disappeared and when I check the transaction in paypal it says "This payment was automatically returned by PayPal on Oct 23, 2013 because the funds were unclaimed for 30 days."

That doesn't make sense as the transaction is only 2 days old.

Any idea what's up on this one? I also sent the buyer a note explaining what I see and asking what they see.

Thanks!

Chris

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Payment issue

Another weird part of this is that I have no "View Order Details" option for this particular listing.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Payment issue

Nobody has seen this before?

Assuming I don't get any response from the buyer, I may have no choice but to open a case for non-payment.

My best guess at this point is that the echeck "Bounced" and the wording of the return on my end is wrong.

Thanks!

Chris

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Payment issue

"have no choice but to open a case"

???

Youre first choice is to call PayPal and find out exactly what the situation is.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Payment issue

" have no choice "

You have a lot of choices. My first choice would not be accusing the buyer. My first choice would be to figure out what happened. after that I would have other choices about what to do.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Payment issue

I sent paypal a note on the issue so they can have a peek. Will update this thread once they respond.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Payment issue

I would phone.
Photobucket
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Payment issue

I would give them a ring also.

I have rarely called Paypal but my dealings with them have always been positive.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Payment issue

Phoning is not an option for me at the moment, but will phone if they don't get back to me by tomorrow.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Payment issue

Paypal said they reversed the transaction because they believe it to be fraudulent. They said the transaction will not be eligible for seller protection and that if I wish to proceed I should contact the buyer directly to make payment arrangements.

Interesting, this is a first for me.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply