Paypal

jeepguy888888
Community Member
I recently sold tickets to a concert and buyer paid via paypal. Tickets were E tickets. 2 days after the transaction, I was sent an email by paypal to confirm shipment of the tickets. I hadn't shipped yet as I wanted to confirm from the buyer this was ok before I done so. Buyer confirmed the email to send to and I informed Paypal I had shipped via resolution link on Ebay.
Before I shipped, I had the funds held and they never released the funds because they were investigating.
2 days after the concert, the payment was reversed. Transaction was not covered by paypal seller protection.
What did I do wrong? Why were the funds reversed? If they were investigating the legitimacy of the transaction from the payer's perspective, why where they asking me to ship? Why didn't they tell me to hold off shipping (sending the email with tickets) until their investigation is completed?
If there was an issue with the transaction, I would rather know about it before sending the item to the buyer, rather than forcing me to complete the transaction only to have me lose the money.
How can I prevent myself from all this?
A buyer recently asked me if he could pay by Paypal and if I could meet in person for the exchange. Am I exposing myself to risk paypal will take back the funds once the buyer get the tickets?

I sell only through ebay and accept only paypal for protection of myself and buyers. Seems I am not protected at all.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Paypal

faerywishes
Community Member
The best thing to do is contact PayPal about this. You probably won't get satisfaction from the 1st agent you speak to. Ask for a supervisor, if you don't get satisfaction from that person ask to speak to their supervisor.

Colleen
Message 2 of 2
latest reply