Phishing scam emails

Phishing emails - watch out! Got one today. Reported it - Help protect the Community by reporting it. EBay confirmed is was a scam.

Just thought I'd look at my Newsletter Subscribers and sure enough that email that sent it - had subscribed. Blocked.

Be careful about opening links. It looked totally like a message sent from a valid member through the EBay email system. The message was just so bizarre, I just had a feeling it was "off".

( "There are 8 months since u did not responded to my emails . I will report you to eBay , PayPal and FBI if you continue to ignore me" )

and an attached link to click - so weird.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Phishing scam emails

Protected by your knowledge of good grammar!

See, your Grade Five teacher was right.

I have been told that these scam emails are purposely ungrammatical, because that winnows out the brighter recipients who are less likely to fall for the long scam, leaving the semi-literate and poorly educated as easy victims.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Phishing scam emails

Just thought it was so funny that I "could be reported" for ignoring someone, even to the FBI! Wow - just wow! I am a Repeat Ignorer - watch out - might lead to the extreme measure of Cold Shoulder
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Phishing scam emails

I'm glad you were able to post this here. I got that same phishing message more than a year ago but when I posted it here as a warning to others, it was removed due to my quoting directly the scammer who sent it to me. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply