Private Feedbacks

Hello. I'm looking for some clarification if someone can help me. I thought I read somewhere that Ebay will no longer allow a member (I'm assuming new member) to use private feeback. It is my understanding that if a current member is keeping their feedbacks private that it will remain, this would be only for new members. Is this correct? Regards, Michelle
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Private Feedbacks

katiusciav
Community Member
i don't know, but i hope so, i dont' really agree with private feedback...otherwise...what's the point of having it??
Kat
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Private Feedbacks

Hi, Michelle:

The rule is that members cannot sell items when they have their feedback set to private. Buyers can still set their feedback to private.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Private Feedbacks

It makes sense that a seller should not have private feedbacks so a potential buyer would have an indication of what type of seller they would be dealing with. I'm curious why buyers would want private feedbacks, maybe to stop unwanted solicitations? Thanks for your quick responses. Regards, Michelle
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Private Feedbacks

katiusciav
Community Member
Well here i go again playing the devil's advocate, but why in the heck does a seller have to disclose their feedback, but not a buyer. i understand the seller is the one offering the product, and his/her reputation is important, but why can't we be able to see a buyer's feedback? many times, in dealing with a buyer, i know exactly how to handle their concerns/questions by reading their prior feedback comments (if they received a negetive, sometimes it reveals the nature of the buyer's habits)...and, yes...why DO buyer's request to have their feedback private?
Kat
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Private Feedbacks

why DO buyer's request to have their feedback private?

Primarily so other people can't see what they are buying.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Private Feedbacks

sunshine2426
Community Member
The ones I've come across with private feedback usualy have a few negative's and are trying to hide the comments.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Private Feedbacks

tea_past_times
Community Member
There is no need to wanr Private Feedback as a seller if your profile has more than 98% postive comments, like everyone who chats here.

- calling names is a child's game, I choose to report.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Private Feedbacks

treasure-pot
Community Member
Private feedback is still permitted but not for sellers.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/reputation-public-feedback.html

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Private Feedbacks

- calling names is a child's game, I choose to report.

And exactly how does calling another poster a 'Cow' fit into that philosophy?
Message 10 of 10
latest reply