Return to sender...wrong address

Ok, this has never happened to me before. A buyer with 1 feedback score, i ship a box to him but his address is invalid as he did

not add his apartment number...   just received an e-mail saying package is being returned to me.

Soooo, do i tell him to put in his correct and updated address on Paypal, and i can re-print? Or i will have to pay again for a new printout?

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

tobyshitzu
Community Member

You'd have to pay again AND you'll likely have to pay the retail rate for the return too to retrieve the parcel.  If its processd as intended it will already be marked to card for pickup and postage due

If you have proof (tracking/buyer admitting to it) that the buyer didn't provide the correct address you aren't obligated to do anything further

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

So basically if he does not want to pay the return charge, plus the reshipping charge, i do what? Leave the box at Post Office?

He then gives me a Negative feedback?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The first step is to contact the buyer and ask that the buyer call the USPS to reroute the package to the correct address.

See if that works.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I never have to pay for the return or even unclaimed packages.  Did you have to pay for them?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

yes

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Give him the option to re route the mail and call Canada post , he will have to pay for the fee to do so. I have an auto fill forum on my computer and when I bought something My mailing address was my name . No clue how it got that far ( British Columbia to Ontario ) but I got a update on tracking saying the address is incorrect and I have to call or it will be returned. Being honest I called and payed the extra money I guess it depends on the person Either way If you receive that package just refund the item amount , you have the proof from Canada post that his address was incorrect. You are not at fault at all! 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

you can retrieve it or leave it.  Call ebay and they'll remove any fb or instantly close a case if he opens one.   Of course you can offer to resend it to him, I'd expect the buyer to cover the cost

Message 8 of 8
latest reply