Revise item

Posted a car for sale at noon today and realized later I needed to change some wording.
eBay will not let me revise my item keeps saying this function is unavailable. Been this way for 7 hours now.
I need to revise my listing what is wrong?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Revise item

You can't revise an auction listing. You can only add to the description.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Revise item

tobyshitzu
Community Member

SInce there is no bid you should be able to revise almost anything.  Not currency, format or extend duration

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Revise item

Nope. Once an auction starts, that is it. Bids have nothing to do with it. the listing is live and you cannot change a live listing. The idea being, viewers have made a determination to bid or not based on the available information. Changing the info is a material change to the auction.

You can add all you want, you just cannot change.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Revise item

sorry but that is bizarrely false.  You can always revise an auction until it ges a bid or 12 horus left.  The only thing thats changed in 10 years was they stopped the aucton time extension trick and the no longer relevant lower the start price to lower the fee trick.  I used to game the hell out of the listing days by listing nothing and revising them over the week 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Revise item

There is no provision for editing the listing with more or less than 12 hours to go, with or without bids:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/revising_restrictions.html

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Revise item

you didnt even read your own link...it says exactly what i said....exactly
Message 7 of 7
latest reply