Saved Searches Broken.

Cannot add any saved searches since a month or so ago.

When I attempt to save a search, the following message appears:

"You have reached the maximum number of searches you can save. Please replace an existing search or delete a search in My Ebay and try again."

I currently have 68 saved searches.

Deleting one or more saved search does not allow any more to be added, the above message is still received regardless of how many I delete.

A search on the text string in the error message shows that some on the UK board are having the same issue.

Quite frustrating.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Saved Searches Broken.

Here's the UK board thread:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Search-and-categories/Problem-saving-searches/td-p/2126966

Doesn't sound very promising.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Saved Searches Broken.

Sorted this out.

On the main page, under "interests", there were 99 items listed including all searches I have ever saved, even searches I deleted (and were no longer listed) under the "My Ebay"/"Saved Searches" menu.

Once I "unfollowed" some of those interests I was able to save searches again.

The issue appears to be that it is not enough to remove a saved search via the My Ebay/Saved Searches menu, you must also delete the correlating entry (which is made automatically) under "Interests".

I only realised this after going to the ebay.com site where the "interests" section of the front page shows a number beside it (which was 99).  The ebay.ca does not seem to show this number until you go to "edit" them.  For me, the truncated "interests" section seemed to be exactly the same as my "saved searches" but in fact it was not and it was this number which was counting to the 100 maximum saved searches.

Perfectly clear ?

Apologies if I'm the millionth person to figure this out.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Saved Searches Broken.

hahaha, MANY THANKS, mate!!!

I've been on like 5 live chats with ebay about this issue and NOBODY could provide a solution! All I got was "we know about the issue and are working on it"... One must wonder how competent the support people are...

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Saved Searches Broken.

yes, brilliant, this worked for me too, many thanks.

bob

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Saved Searches Broken.

excellent. Fixed. Thank you! 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Saved Searches Broken.

Smithsixe; Thank you! This resolved my issue. It's a shame that ebay customer support couldn't figure this out.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Saved Searches Broken.

Fixed Smithsixie THANK YOU.

For those listening at ebay, this is a terrible and non-intuitive user interface. Why not give us an error message that actually means something and will allow us to determine how to solve the problem? I get that you've changed the saved searches to be incorporated into the new "following" "feed" etc. but this need sot be integrated much better than this.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Saved Searches Broken.

Thank you very much.

This has been driving me crazy for months and Ebay have been useless.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Saved Searches Broken.

Cant find Interests page on CA or UK sites where is it PLEASE !!!

thanks in advance

Mick

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Saved Searches Broken.

<<Cant find Interests page on CA or UK sites where is it PLEASE !!!>>

Hello 'mick-bennett',

There has got to be a shorter, easier, more logical, more obvious way of doing it other than this,

but if you click on your user ID, scroll down and see the sections like  Items for saleMy Collections,

Following, and so on.

Over to the right of Following do you see the word  Settings ?  Click on it.

Doing that should give you  FollowingCollections, and  . . .   Interests.

There's a  Show all  below the first row of them.  No matter how long ago you deleted a Saved Search,

there it is. 

Hope that helps.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Saved Searches Broken.

Excellent !!... success, finally

I first hit this artificial "Saved Searches" / "Searches You Follow" ceiling about 1yr ago but after contacting Customer Service by phone, the limit disappeared.  This spring, the limit returned but paring down my list and 2 calls to Customer Service produced no results.

However, following your <click member ID> ==> "Following" ==> "Interests" revealed all the searches I had previously "deleted" plus the new ones I was limited to.  Purging them all then migrating my searches from my browser's saved URLs folder back into my "Searches You Follow" list worked like a charm

Many thanks

Message 12 of 12
latest reply