TKO Notice E-mail??? Is it a scam???

livewired777
Community Member
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone else received an e-mail call TKO NOTICE??? I received a few over the last few days but I just disregarded it as another scam until I read on another board that a user had all their auctions ended for not replying to it,

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jsp?forum=107&thread=410130055&modified=1084123790960

I deleted the e-mail but it had something to do with a third party bidding on auctions and it being tied to my account? I run all virus protections as well as spybot and adaware... Any information would be appreciated. I tried calling support but nobody seems to be around today..

Thanks!!!
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I had that one a couple of weeks ago. I deleted it too, and I'm still here - so far anyway! 🙂
I doubt if eBay would use the term 'TKO' - it lacks professionalism.
Ann
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

livewired777
Community Member
Thanks Ann!!! I guess I was being a 'lil paranoid..
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

mevans_dot_net
Community Member
I've had these TKO emails several times. The OP from the referenced thread had 0 feedback and had 100 auctions cancelled? ... I have to wonder about that one.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Definately a scam. I received one today and I forwarded it to spoof@ebay.com and they replied immediately saying it's a scam.

Anytime you get a questionable email (and most are) forward it to spoof@ebay.com and they'll let you know.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
Same here, I received one this morning and reported it and Ebay replied back it was a scam.

Jeff
Message 6 of 6
latest reply