Why I cannot get refund on my item not received after 180 day in eBay and PayPal. This is not good

edgamaun
Community Member

Why I never receive my ordered item and cannot get refund after 180 days? I cannot contact the seller as well. What kind of fraud it is?

i cannot get it back from PayPal too. This is insane.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why I cannot get refund on my item not received after 180 day in eBay and PayPal. This is not good

There is no "fraud" here. Both ebay and PayPal have clearly stated time lines for filing a claim or opening a case (whether it's an item not as described or item not received). They are no different than any other company you might have to deal with (like your phone bill or credit card company etc) - you only have so long to file a dispute.  It can be very upsetting on those rare occasions when a transaction goes wrong but neither ebay nor PayPal is at fault. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@edgamaun wrote:

Why I never receive my ordered item and cannot get refund after 180 days? I cannot contact the seller as well. What kind of fraud it is?

i cannot get it back from PayPal too. This is insane.

What is insane is you waiting 6 months (25 weeks) for an Item-Not-Received.

The longest I've ever had a shipment take to arrive was 13 weeks (slow boat to Australia and then processed by backlogged customs).

-..-

eBay INR rule: up to 30 days after the last estimated arrival date (see order) to file a claim

PayPal INR rule: up to 180 days from time of purchase to file a claim

-..-

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I've put in a complain after 2 months before. So I've a reason to upset on this item I paid for.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The seller agree to send me the item and asked me to close the case on ebay in order for them to ship me another one.
I think I shouldn't buy anything from ebay.
This is make me very upset.
I'm the victum and now looks like I'm the one do wrong. **bleep** ....
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@edgamaun wrote:
The seller agree to send me the item and asked me to close the case on ebay in order for them to ship me another one.

This was the mistake you made.  Now you know better.  The problem is not eBay but yes, there are a few crooks around just like everywhere else in life.  The seller tricked you into closing the claim and that way they didn't have to do anything. 

The rule is this:  Once you open a claim, either on eBay or PayPal, do not close it for any reason until you have a verified refund or your item in your hand. 

180 days is about 6 months.  Sellers are required to mail items right away, maybe in a couple days at most.  They lose their seller protection if they take more than 7 days.  Even a parcel coming Surface mail from Australia would arrive in 3.  It is good to be fair and wait for items to arrive but after the LAST delivery date has passed for an item its time to act. 

I have a link here for you to look at.  Please click on it and read over it, and also the link about eBay's Money Back Guarantee you will find.  When you know how to protect yourself you will never have a bad time on eBay.  It doesn't matter if someone lies to you or tries to trick you,  if you follow eBay's policy you will not lose.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#notreceived

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@edgamaun wrote:

I've put in a complain after 2 months before. So I've a reason to upset on this item I paid for.

So why didn't you mention that in your original post?

If there is fraud here it is that SELLER, it is not eBay or PayPal -- both eBay and PayPal have procedures/rules in place that could have protected you. Instead, you trusted the seller (that you had a problem with) and didn't check to see if they were providing truthful information.

The time to have posted in the forums was back then.

-..-

Message 7 of 7
latest reply