how do I contact ebay?

I can not find out how to contact a real human at ebay to discuss the fact I have not received my package due to their  global shipping program. 

How can I fix this problem???

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

how do I contact ebay?

And where is the live help???

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

how do I contact ebay?

eBay hasn't had "Live Help" in several years.

You will find a "Contact eBay" link on this page.

http://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/home

If you don't receive an item you purchased you have a maximum of 45 days in which to open a dispute with "paypal"

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

how do I contact ebay?

You don't need a human being.

With the number of successful transactions every day, there are bound to be a few that are not successful and eBay has a Resolution Centre to deal with those.

Up there on the right is Customer Support. It's a drop down. Click on Resolution Centre. Choose I did not recieve my item.

Since your seller chose the Global Shipping Program all she had to do is deliver the parcel to the GSP plant in Kentucky. Then the GSP (and Pitney Bowes who run the program) takes over.

If GSP/PB cannot show that the item has been delivered, you will be refunded in full.

You have only 45 days from purchase for this. Please allow a good 20 days for delivery to be accomplished, although it is usually sooner.

See? No fuss with confused human beings with inadequate language skills.

If the item shows up after you have been refunded, you should refund the refund to the seller, since ethically you cannot have both the item and the money. That requires some human interaction.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

how do I contact ebay?

If the item shows up after you have been refunded, you should refund the refund to the seller, since ethically you cannot have both the item and the money. That requires some human interaction.

But then the seller would have been paid for the item twice. If the GSP loses a parcel, they are the ones who refund the buyer, the seller is not out any money.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

how do I contact ebay?

good point.

I still don't think anyone should end up with both money and item, but I'm not sure where the refund should go.

Charity of your choice?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

how do I contact ebay?

I suppose that technically, the money should back to ebay or PB..whoever gave the buyer a refund. But in view of buyer's reaction to the gsp, I can't see many of them offering to return the item, shipping, import fee and taxes to PB. A charity sounds like a better idea.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

how do I contact ebay?

grab 2 pixie cups and some yarn  connect pixie cups with yarn and put one cup to your ear and the other to your mouth ..

That is about how useful phone reps are for ebay ..

FYI please take everyone elses advice and not mine 😉 but Hopefully you will laugh when readin this it will help counteract the frustration of talking to customer service on the phone

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

how do I contact ebay?

Nothing to do with the topic, but do you call what I'd call a dixie cup, a 'pixie' cup in Canada, and is this a geographic thing?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

how do I contact ebay?

brandeentertainment is a notorious misspeller in these forums so I think it is a typo on his part or a mix-up in the word he wanted to use, that is, Dixie.

Dixie cups are a brand name worldwide and is sold here in Canada.

I assume a pixie cup is a rare Dixie cup that the Peter Pan fairy Tinker Bell sprinkled with magic pixie dust to make it work as a phone in the comment above ...

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

how do I contact ebay?

I haven't and will not ever purchase via GSP, but on the odd occasion I've had to speak to a "live" ebay rep, I just call

1-866-278-1053 - keep it in my phone just in case!  Like I said, only had to phone them very occasionally, and because of that maybe I've been lucky in that I've never had a problem with the reps.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

how do I contact ebay?

thanks for actually answering the question that was asked. Everybody wanders off on useless info. 🙂
Message 12 of 12
latest reply