myspace

jasonsportscards
Community Member
hey all was wondering if anyone has opened a myspace account that is geared to thier store for ebay. does it work like the few rumors i have heard, and if so i will take any suggestions that could be given that could help

thanks
jason
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

myspace

oh that's very interesting. how does it work?
what rumors have you heard?
please enlightend us (or me at least).
thx 🙂
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

myspace

jasonsportscards
Community Member
marcopoloca well from what i have been hearing on US discussion board is very promising. on myspace u can post info about your ebaystore, links, pictures prices that kind of stuff. from there you join other myspace groups that deal with your items and make a few friends while mentioning items in group discussions free advertisement you can say. and word simply spreads. there was one lady on there whom had items that didnt get sold at her store and were on there for 6 months, she posted them up at myspace and use the group options, joining other myspace members sites they sold within the next 24hrs. to me that is very promising, and like i said its another way of going about our buisness. i have already reg. my ebay handle there(free) so i have my own space now, just not sure how i should go about it in setting it up, was hoping a few on here have already and could help in that respect. on US boards as well they see where traffic is dorrived from ebay/yahoo/google/myspace etc etc and from what i saw myspace was #2 on most, some #1 i guess it all depends on what you sell. hopefully this will help, you out or anyone else for that matter, and if one of us does do it, can help the others out
best of all its all free
jason
Message 3 of 29
latest reply

myspace

jasonsportscards
Community Member
i just took a look at the items u sold, hopefully wou won't mind, but seeing u deal in music there are probably a million sites that may help, of course just do the big ones. let me know if you pursue and how it goes, if i have some time today i may venture into it, but have a few hundred items i need to add, been lazy lately, so not sure when may get around to it
jason
Message 4 of 29
latest reply

myspace

jasonsportscards
Community Member
ok, i started to work on it, this is just the beginning of what i intale to do. it takes some time to get things going, and of course the is not the final draft but feel free to look at it as i go, any suggestions or critics r welcome
http://www.myspace.com/jasonsportscards

thanks
jason
Message 5 of 29
latest reply

myspace

jasonsportscards
Community Member
well it seems to be working, just made a sale form someone that came from myspace, of one of the cards i had up there, so i can't complain, considering i am no where close to finishing. will update as i go
jason
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

myspace

yep. got mine too, it works very well to bring new customers. myspace dot com/artistpavel
added you to friend list jason
Message 7 of 29
latest reply

myspace

jasonsportscards
Community Member
thanks, i have done the same, just takes time to get it going, how much of your buisness do you think comes from myspace? by the way yours looks great, hope mine when i fiinsh will do the same
jason
Message 8 of 29
latest reply

myspace

thnx, the strongest feature of myspace is the bulletin board, this is the way to promote stuff without spamming anybody since reading is optional, check it out. But you have to build a qualified customer friend list first to whom to promote.
Message 9 of 29
latest reply

myspace

jasonsportscards
Community Member
sounds good thanks for the advice
Message 10 of 29
latest reply

myspace

koolkitchens
Community Member
Hey, that seems like a great idea! great sites too! I'm new to the powersellers group so it may be obvious to you seasoned Ebayers, but referral credits is something I just came across myself. if you make your links referral links to your Ebay store from myspace.com, then you will also get a referral credit for every sale. The credit is 75% of the final value fee which is a sweet deal when you get one!
Message 11 of 29
latest reply

myspace

jasonsportscards
Community Member
thanks for the tip, i completely forgot about that one, going to take care of that in morning
thanks again
jason
Message 12 of 29
latest reply

myspace

koolkitchens
Community Member
There are a number of other great tips as well in the videos from Ebay Live 2006 for those of us who could not attend. They are a little long, but you can watch the videos online @ http://www.ebayuniversity.com/features/ebay_live_2006/#
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

myspace

jasonsportscards
Community Member
koolkitchens was wondering if u knew the page where i can find the referral code setup, the one i see in the help page isn't working, if u could be greatly appreciated
thanks again
Message 14 of 29
latest reply

myspace

koolkitchens
Community Member
Well I never think to take a copy of mine so I start to go thru the process of registering a domain and grab it there.
->go to my Ebay
->Manage My Store
->Domain Registration (last selection on the left)
-> select one of the domain registration sites (networksolutions.om or Hostaway)

After you select the domain name you want to register, a few screens later it will have the referral link in one of the boxes that you can copy and paste.

There is probably an easier way but I haven't found it.
Message 15 of 29
latest reply

myspace

jasonsportscards
Community Member
thanks, was hoping for something that i could do off myspace, but the one i tried using just gives me errors
Message 16 of 29
latest reply

myspace

whoscloset
Community Member
Jason, the referral code is simply adding the following to your ebay store's URL:

?refid=store

In your case you would use

http://stores.ebay.ca/Jason-Sports-Cards?refid=store
Monique

Himalayan Salt Lamps - A Guide to Purchasing

Monique

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

myspace

whoscloset
Community Member
I've joined myspace as well. Any opportunity to increase traffic!

If anyone would like to be "friends" I'm at

http://www.myspace.com/whoscloset
Monique

Monique

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

myspace

jasonsportscards
Community Member
hi Monique, isn't it supposed to be clickable? or just somewhere on the web page itself
also joined your site, jasonsportscards was my handle, if you want please do the same
jason
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

myspace

whoscloset
Community Member
Jason,

Try using this code...just substitute the brackets ( and ) with < and >

Visit us in our ebay store:
(a href="http://stores.ebay.ca/Jason-Sports-Cards?refid=store")
Jason's Sports Cards(/a)
Monique

Monique

Message 20 of 29
latest reply