need your opinion on this one

On June 1st I received neg feedback from member graemem07 on item 151 045 577 023. A brand new with tags Montreal Canadiens cap.The neg feedback came w/o warning and stated the following  "stitching done poorly on the inside of cap. I immediately thought that he received a defective sewn cap ,I apologized and refunded his money plus shipping, which was more of a knee jerk reaction as I was abit shocked.I asked him to return the cap and I would reimburse his shipping once it arrived back. In the mean time I started to doubt the cap was defective,as Ive sold quitw a few of them w/o and problems so I clicked on his  Feedback Left For Others which there were 9. 8 of his feedback left for others included items with poor stitching ,paint chips away easy etc etc.The one pos he left had the comment cheaper Shipping. Now I know I was scammed. His is not replying to any of my e-mails but has purchased more items from others over the last few days. When I inquired with a few of the others he had left neg feedback for they stated he did not return their item so they just moved on.I will survive the negative and realize I should not have refunded so quickly. Of course I have blocked him.In your opinion should I just move on and forget about it or is there a case I can make with Ebay to have them look into his online behavior.If I do respond to the negative with a comment,would you mind giving me some suggestions.

regards

jesse/golfing in style

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Reply to feedback: "Please check feedback this buyer left for other sellers"

Then, in a few days, send him a request to revise feedback.  Nothing to lose.

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

report him to ebay and get a few of the others too.  Should at least be able to get the fb removed and the buyer warned.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Don't waste time reporting to ebay .. I once had 12 or 13 other buyers and myself report a guy and leave follow up feedback and ebay did nothing... This guy ended up with 12-or 13 reports and about 10 feedback replies stating buy files item not receivied cases.. Called and emailed ebay for months ... The guy is still ripping people off today...

report buttons are just there for a false sense of security

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

12 or 13 sellers not buyers oops

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I would still report. According to the new Ebay changes, they are putting more effort into this type of thing now then they were before. It is the reason for the cases being opened automatically, to try and cut down on the scamminess. So if this guy has a bunch of sellers report him for malicious feedback/scamming/fishing for refunds and partials, there is a good chance they will do something.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

yes they have removed fb and dsrs from reports.  Id use the report a buyer link then endure the frustration of calling their call center too for that one

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks allot for the suggestions.I reported him to Ebay a few minutes ago and will follow up with a phone call to customer support.We'll see if anything comes of it.I think it will be difficult to get others to report him but I will try. I like Pierre's suugestion regarding my response to the feedback left, although his suggestion is much tamer than I was thinking but is much more sensible.If anything changes I will let everyone know.It's too bad there are individuals that intentionally do these types of things,but not surprising.

regards

jesse/golfing in style

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Just off the phone with Customer Service regarding this issue.Neg Feedback will not be removed as it doesnt qualify within Ebays guidelines,The negative feedback removal wasnt my biggest issue anyway as I wasnt expecting it to be removed. He's been reported to Ebays Trust & Saftey Dept and hopefully something can be done so others aren't scammed like this. He hasn't responed to to my emails, I just left a follow up to his feedback. Im moving on as he's taken up too much of my time already...Make sure you block him: graemem07 just in case he's lurking around your items.Hes probably wearing his brand new Mtl Canadiens cap now. Ive learned something though. I will not be so quick to refund as I took away his incentive to return the cap,which is not going to happen.Thanks again for your opinions & thoughts and enjoy your upcoming week.

jesse/golfing in style

Message 9 of 9
latest reply