receiving items in mail.

purcelle9
Community Member

I have ordered a video game console and it will be arriving soon. Since this item is too big to fit in my mailbox will I be required to pick it up from a local post office or will it be left on my doorstop?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

receiving items in mail.

@purcelle9 wrote:

I have ordered a video game console and it will be arriving soon. Since this item is too big to fit in my mailbox will I be required to pick it up from a local post office or will it be left on my doorstop?

Depends how it was shipped and from where. Could be either.

But postal outlet/office is most likely (you should get a card in your mailbox with place and times to pick it up).

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

receiving items in mail.

As the other poster said, could be either.  

If you do NOT want it left on the doorstep, put a sign on your door saying Please do not "safe drop" or something to let the postal worker know you would rather have a collection card.  

If you DO want the item left (and the postal worker is permitted to leave items) you can leave a sign that says you would like it left there, maybe behind the planter or in the barbeque.  

Keep in mind that if the item is left and someone eyes it in passing and sneaks up and steals it, you will not be able to file a claim for refund because the tracking will say it was DELIVERED.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply