retracting a bid I made.

.a quick question though it may be in wrong place....I had bid on an item but immediately realized afterwards the shipping was too much. I have asked the buyer twice to please  delete my bid. But no answer.So I guess if I am the only bidder I am stuck with buying this item.? I was very polite and explained the reason. I know no one else will bid if they see the shipping. Thanks just need your in take.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

retracting a bid I made.

Has the bidding ended? If you have not yet won the item, then you must retract your bid yourself, the seller cannot do that for you. If you have won the item then you have to ask the seller if they will cancel your purchase.

To retract your bid, go to the site map at the bottom of this page and click on Buying Resources, then on Bid Retractions.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

retracting a bid I made.

oh I didn't know I could do that. It is now over.They are going to reduce the shipping. So waiting for an invoice and seeing what they give for shipping. thanks for  your advice. Brenda

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

retracting a bid I made.

Hello Brenda,

The seller can, in fact, remove your bid for you.  If there is less than 12 hours to go on the auction

that is the only way to get it off.  Sellers, however, tend to be very tetchy about bid retractions

so if ever you must, best to do it yourself.  If you have not already seen the official ebay blurb on

everything you ever wanted to know about retracting but were afraid to ask, this is it:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/bid-retract.html

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

retracting a bid I made.

They did send invoice with shipping I was willing to pay. And item is mailed to me. Hope they give me good feedback because they were a bit edgy with me.. But all good. thank for your advice and help. Brenda

Message 5 of 5
latest reply