Growth Tools

tyler@ebay
Community Member

This Update expands upon previously announced tools. You can read more here. Once you’re caught up feel free to leave any questions or comments as a reply to this thread below!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Growth Tools

Hello Tyler,

Is the Learn More link for Offers to Buyers not active yet?

Brings up the dreaded:

We looked everywhere. message.

Tarapeak works fine.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - not sure what's happened there, I'll get it reported and hoping we'll see it updated quickly!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies  - got an update on this. The link is being updated, but will eventually point here if you want to review before it gets corrected on the page. 🙂

Thanks again!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

tyler@ebay 

Conflicting info:

Buyers for offers see:

If the seller rejects your offer, you can make another one (up to five on most items, and 10 in most vehicles categories).

www.ebay.ca/help/buying/buy-now/making-best-offer?id=4019

Sellers for offers see:

The buyer can submit a higher bid or you can send a counteroffer. Buyers can make up to three offers per item in most categories

www.ebay.ca/help/selling/listings/selling-buy-now/adding-best-offer-listing?id=4144

-..-

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

Hi.

The possibility to make offers to buyer was announced last spring, but I never saw this option on .ca. In Canada sellers are competing with the US sellers so we need the same tools. When are we going to finally enjoy this feature?

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

Hi @soap-market-and-co  - we did announce this as a feature in the Spring Seller Update. W

hile the timeline we initially gave was a bit ambitious, we’re excited to launch this feature with additional capabilities so you can reach more buyers; i.e. buyers who have added your items to cart. Look for it this Fall!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

tyler@ebay 

Conflicting info:

Buyers for offers see:

If the seller rejects your offer, you can make another one (up to five on most items, and 10 in most vehicles categories).

www.ebay.ca/help/buying/buy-now/making-best-offer?id=4019

Sellers for offers see:

The buyer can submit a higher bid or you can send a counteroffer. Buyers can make up to three offers per item in most categories

www.ebay.ca/help/selling/listings/selling-buy-now/adding-best-offer-listing?id=4144

-..-

Hi @ypdc_dennis  - oh that is a difference. I'm looking for more clarification on this one. My info says that it should be up to 5 total, but it sounds like there may be some crossed wires somewhere. I'll see what I can find out and update you when I do!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

Three offers was the old limit and got raised to five a few years ago -- wasn't sure if the new 3 represented a reversal in policy.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

I don't understand how you will be able to add this option with more features in the next few months when nothing has been done in the past months. I think we will still just talk about this next year.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

As pleased as I am to see Growth Tools expanded to Canadian sellers on ebay.ca, the only tool that I actually care about is Promotions Manager wherein specifically sellers are allowed to create Promotional Events such as Buy One Get One or Spend $100 and save an extra 10 per cent. I know that hearing me sing this tune is familiar but when might we expect to see this happen? Thanks.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

According to the recent announcement/explanation on dot ca  Send an offer was tied to Messages to a Seller. This morning I received an offer for an item I have been watching for price only(On dot com). I have never sent this seller any messages. In the USA does this feature activate with watchers too?

Because you showed interest in this item, the seller sent you this private offer.

A few other interested buyers also received this offer – it won’t last long. Hurry and take advantage right away!

-Lotz

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

Apparently yes for watchers also.

Learn More:

Learnmore.JPG

-Lotz

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

@momcqueen 

Sorry. Only analogy I can think of.

Dot com =

Image result for level playing field

Dot ca =

Image result for level playing field

-Lotz

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

Hi @momcqueen - there are currently no plans for Promotions Manager in its entirety to be brought to eBay Canada. I hope that will change in the future, but right now it's not something I anticipate changing. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - yep! You got an 'Offer to Watchers' from a .com seller. 

I'm really eager to see this brought over to be a tool for everyone on eBay Canada!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

tyler@ebay 

Hello Tyler,

My original understanding was that it "would" be tied to watchers....Not just to someone who happened to send you an email. When I first started selling on eBay I would get emails from potential buyers on a regular basis. Now, not so much. Well except the rare email...Why can't you ship for free...But I don't count those.  unamused Now with so many filters it's hard to know what eBay mail ever actually gets viewed or not. Now, when I do have a item magically reach 5 watchers it sells almost immediately. Why I never understood removing visibility to less than 5. Interest helps a buyer decide. I realize opinions vary regarding sending random emails to buyers but for those who wish to try it, it should be up to their discretion to have it in their toolbox, like US sellers have had for what seems like month. Bringing us back to that leveling the playing field.

-Lotz

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Growth Tools

Howdy - 

Have questions or concerns regarding the Fall Seller Update? While this dedicated board is closed from further commentary, you can always start a thread here and other forum members can help you get answers to the questions you may have. 

Thanks!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 18
latest reply