Customs Concern....

I recently purchased a 1:16 scale radio-controlled model from an overseas buyer.  The model has been opened, but construction not started,  and according to the seller it is 100% complete,  as he told me he did a parts inventory before listing it. He listed it with a number of pictures showing the various parts boxes.  

My concern is that customs may open everything up and sort through the various parts and neglect to stick everything back. It's an expensive model, and if it arrives missing parts then it's just an expensive paperweight.  What's the procedure to resolve such an occurance. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mcrlmn
Community Member

You're getting ahead of yourself.

marnotom!
Community Member

Where is the item being shipped from and what shipping method is being used?

I generally agree with @reallynicestamps' post, though.  If the item is being shipped directly to you with a commercial carrier/courier or the postal system, there's really not much of a chance of the item being opened as it's time and labour-intensive.  An x-ray is faster.

What ifs  don't matter, don't help and only cause anxiety & fruitless worry, and pessimistic thoughts won't accomplish anything during the wait time...

whatever happens, happens ....work with what is...

It's unlikely.

Most items are never opened and there would be no reason to "sort through" parts.

I hope your seller, or the manufacturer, has the pieces in small transparent sealed bags so nothing can fall out in transit.

I'm not sure what you image Customs looks like, but here are pictures of a postal terminal. Customs is part of the system.

POSTAL WORKERS.pngPOSTAL TERMINAL USPS.jpg

Also you are covered against damage in transit by eBay's Money Back Guarantee.