My package is being held in customs for over a week now.

My package is being held in customs in Canada in Mississauga for review for over a week now with no movement.  I'm assuming it's because of a possible strike looming.  

Does anyone know any info or having the same issue? 

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

The threatened public service strike doesn't come to a  vote until tomorrow.

And PSAC has said they will be using the rotating strikes formula that was reasonabley successful for the postal workers.

That means a given department may be on strike for a day or two in one province, but working normally otherwise.

However, Mississauga and the Gateway Terminal  and Service Canada's Passport division would be very vulnerable, so I would expect to see more stoppages there.

marnotom!
Community Member

There are many posts on these discussion boards about situations just like yours.  Your item may have moved but the scan information doesn't reflect that.

I came to the conclusion a while back that just because my item is tracked doesn't mean I have to follow the tracking information.  It doesn't make any difference to how fast the item arrives, what condition it arrives in, etc.   If your item hasn't passed the estimated delivery window yet, then I'd advise waiting until the first estimated date of delivery before checking on the tracking.

Thank you to all for your insight.

mcrlmn
Community Member

Frustrating, but not unusual.

Has happened to me on several occassions over the years; most recently aa a buyer, a couple of weeks ago,

Can happen regardless of a labour dispute.

Patience...