Why are Shipping Costs Increased After I Click on the Listing?

aliuh
Community Member

You know how when you are looking through listings it tells you basic informaiton like shipping costs? For some reason many of the listings I see have one shipping price, but then when I click on the it and view the full listing the shipping cost has often doubled.

Anyone else having this problom? It makes sorting by cheapest price+shipping a little ineffective and frustrating.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Are these listings items that are being shipped through eBay international shipping?  There have been cases of that happening when the seller hasn't entered the weight or dimensions in their listing.  You might want to ask them if they are entered and if not, explain that if they enter them, it might lower their international shipping cost.

You might want to ask them if they are entered and if not, explain that if they enter them, it might lower their international shipping cost.

Good point.

You will often get a faster and friendlier answer if your pose your question as being of benefit to the other person.

EBay promotes Tracking as a benefit for buyers, but it is really mostly a Seller Protection against false "not received " claims.

@aliuh wrote:

... For some reason many of the listings I see have one shipping price, but then when I click on the it and view the full listing the shipping cost has often doubled.

Anyone else having this problem? It makes sorting by cheapest price+shipping a little ineffective and frustrating.

My brother complained to me last week about this issue when he was looking. I checked what he was looking at and shipping for some listings would jump from $34 to $57 but for other listings the value remained the same.  The listings I checked were similar price range, all shipping from USA using ebay shipping. I was unable to see anything different as to why some price jumped and other listings were not a problem.

My brother has not seen this shipping cost jump problem when looking at items shipped from the UK.

-;-

Are you using the correct location to calculate your shipping charges in your search results?

Try sorting your search results by Distance: Nearest First and see what location is shown. If it is not your shipping location, change it. Then the prices you see when searching should match the prices at checkout using that address.

eburtonlab_0-1679170546093.png

marnotom!
Community Member
Is the shipping price you see in search described as an “estimate”?

It shouldn't change.Which site are you searching on?  Make sure that you are signed in and the price is supposed to be the same as when you are searching as when you click on the listing.  If you have some examples of when that is happening (item numbers, shipping cost seen in search and then after) the information can be passed on to ebay do that they can look into it.

Couple of things that could be happening. If you are looking on the .com site you may be seeing the US amount but as soon as you click on it (assuming you're in Canada) it will show you the higher Canadian amount. Also when just scrolling it shows the shipping price only, but if there is duty or import charges, they don't show during the scroll down search, only when you look at the specific item (sadly). This used to happen all the time to me when the Global Shipping program was used, I started bracing myself for the higher amount as soon as I seen it was being shipped through the program.