January 12 2022 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hello - 

Opening this week's chat for your questions. 

I'll begin working on responses tomorrow afternoon!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hello Tyler,

Are there plans to complete the promised announcement from 2018/2019 to add additional store options for Canadian sellers to be similar to what is available for US Sellers? (Originally tentatively scheduled for early 2019)

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Store-Subscriptions-on-eBay-ca-They-re-Still-Coming/b...

Current CAD Store Options: Monthly/Yearly Rates

Basic: 350 Listings 19.95/24.95 CAD

Premium: 1000 Listings 59.95/74.95 CAD

Anchor: 25,000 Listings 299.95/349.95 Can

Current US Store Options: Monthly/Yearly Rates

Starter Store: 250 Listings 4.95/7.95 USD

Basic Store: 1000 Listings 21.95/27.95 USD

Premium Store: 10,000 Listings 59.95/74.95 USD

Anchor Store: 25,000 Listings 299.95/349.95 USD

Enterprise Store: 100,000 Listings 299.95

Bypassing the exchange rate difference, the concern is the quantity of included listing and the variance between the 2 sites. With the Zip promo ending tentatively shortly, it would be nice to get our ducks in a row before sellers sign up long term for different options so they are not left in limbo with 100's of listings and no way to save.

-Lotz

Side Question:

If a seller lists something as broken/AS IS/Not working and the items arrives working is that still considered a NAD? <Tongue in cheek>  ( Disclaimer: Full testing of everything is not always possible in certain situations.) As reported on here frequently, some customers have no problem asking for irrational returns for anything since the move to clicking purchase, ebay no longer considers a contract between buyer and seller.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

A few days ago I noticed that we were unable to print a label to Australia on eBay even though Canada Post has restored service there.  Any idea why that is?

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/doc/en/aboutus/service-alerts/service-suspensions-and-ava...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Are there plans to complete the promised announcement from 2018/2019 to add additional store options for Canadian sellers to be similar to what is available for US Sellers? (Originally tentatively scheduled for early 2019)

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Store-Subscriptions-on-eBay-ca-They-re-Still-Coming/b...

Current CAD Store Options: Monthly/Yearly Rates

Basic: 350 Listings 19.95/24.95 CAD

Premium: 1000 Listings 59.95/74.95 CAD

Anchor: 25,000 Listings 299.95/349.95 Can

Current US Store Options: Monthly/Yearly Rates

Starter Store: 250 Listings 4.95/7.95 USD

Basic Store: 1000 Listings 21.95/27.95 USD

Premium Store: 10,000 Listings 59.95/74.95 USD

Anchor Store: 25,000 Listings 299.95/349.95 USD

Enterprise Store: 100,000 Listings 299.95

Bypassing the exchange rate difference, the concern is the quantity of included listing and the variance between the 2 sites. With the Zip promo ending tentatively shortly, it would be nice to get our ducks in a row before sellers sign up long term for different options so they are not left in limbo with 100's of listings and no way to save.

-Lotz

Side Question:

If a seller lists something as broken/AS IS/Not working and the items arrives working is that still considered a NAD? <Tongue in cheek>  ( Disclaimer: Full testing of everything is not always possible in certain situations.) As reported on here frequently, some customers have no problem asking for irrational returns for anything since the move to clicking purchase, ebay no longer considers a contract between buyer and seller.

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! There haven't been any announcements made regarding a change to store plans or pricing. That doesn't mean they couldn't change in the future, but as of right now that's the extent of the information I have. 

Side question:

If a buyer requests to return an item with the reason 'not as described' we'd encourage you to work with the buyer directly on a resolution. If we were asked to step into a return we would use the return reason that was selected and typically ask you to accept it. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

A few days ago I noticed that we were unable to print a label to Australia on eBay even though Canada Post has restored service there.  Any idea why that is?

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/doc/en/aboutus/service-alerts/service-suspensions-and-ava...

Hi @pjcdn2005 - Let me check with the shipping folks, I was under the impression we were pulling our country exclusions directly from courier sites. 

I'll let you know what I hear back!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat today, it's now closed but will return next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply