June 9 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I will work on getting answers for you tomorrow afternoon. 

Thanks!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Is there any possibility of allowing payouts in both CAD and USD with managed payments in the future? Or at least the ability to change payout currency? The current way the program is set up is really unappealing and honestly detrimental to many sellers. I'd love to be able to sell on this account again since selling on a new account is just an awful experience all around, but I can't justify the extra fees for currency exchange.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I am so confused!

first:  It looks like My MP started sometime in the last day or so.

Of the  last 17 items I sold they all say awaiting  shipping, with the link that says  Purchase shipping label so I purchased all the labels

I got an email from ebay this morning saying Your payout is on its way to your bank account

In the funds status - 11 of them say completed   and 3 say Processing- to be completed on Jun 9

I only noticed this afternoon after all the labels were made that I don’t have the payment in my bank account yet. Nowhere does it say I don’t have the funds yet, I had to check my bank account to see there is nothing there yet. Do I have to check my bank account before I purchase the labels or am I missing something?

second:  Up to now I’ve always used Shippo for my Canadian and International shipping but now it gives me ebay labels but I don’t know where the payments are taken from. It didn’t ask me where I want to pay from and there is no money missing from my paypal or bank account. Where are the payments coming from?

Which leaves me with another question. If they wind up coming from my bank account how can I change that. Question below will explain

third and last (for now) I have a lot of buyers who can’t seem to ask for a total (because if you use a cell it won’t let you)  so they pay for the shipping of each pin 4.25 instead of .25  cents for each extra one, If I send a refund I’m assuming it will come out of my bank account, but I have to pay a fee for each time money comes out of my account.

I hope this all makes sense because I need answers

Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Looks like I have another question

How frequently do you want to get paid? Weekly or Daily

Is there pros or cons to what we choose. Since the question is even asked, I'm guessing there is a difference to which you choose

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

My listings for books are being  revised in relation to….. Item Specifics, Required Soon

This includes author, book title and language…

Up until Tuesday evening, June 8,   a listing that was fully revised was deducted from the total number for listings…with item specifics Required Soon, and removed from my group of listings that required revision

I was working on  my  listings as my listings were grouped in my store in store categories

Starting today, June 9,  the number  for listings that required revision did not change… that is drop by  one with each revision. 

Once revised  a listing was removed from my group of listings that required revision…..  That is no longer occurring

Not removing a revised listing creates a difficulty in following which listings have not been revised…. A headache.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I have just revised ten listings.

These listings are still shown with ....Item Specifics Required Soon... specifically author, book title and language...  that is language  in which the book was published.

Revisions have been made....  but eBay's record  still shows the listings requiring revision

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

This question is only about 1 cent but I'm curious as to how ebay takes their fee, I have 3 items that sold for the exact same price but they don't all have the same fee. Not a big deal, but curiousCapture.PNG

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@retrogamersparadise wrote:

Is there any possibility of allowing payouts in both CAD and USD with managed payments in the future? Or at least the ability to change payout currency? The current way the program is set up is really unappealing and honestly detrimental to many sellers. I'd love to be able to sell on this account again since selling on a new account is just an awful experience all around, but I can't justify the extra fees for currency exchange.

Hi @retrogamersparadise - I can't speak to 'future state' of the program, I can only reiterate current state, which is that once a payout currency has been selected it is set in stone and cannot be changed. 

I've been working with the Payments team to do another chat in a few weeks - this is a really good question to keep in mind and ask them when they're here!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

I/we have been receiving the email from eBay regarding Seller protections basically on a random basis. Maybe have received 4 or 5 times. Each time the information is the same. On mine it notes a defect removed for a Neg feedback and 4 for defects. Is there ANY way to tell what the defects were? This would be helpful for sellers to figure out where problems are happening and address them properly. Nothing I am able to see tells me where this info comes from.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

I am so confused!

first:  It looks like My MP started sometime in the last day or so.

Of the  last 17 items I sold they all say awaiting  shipping, with the link that says  Purchase shipping label so I purchased all the labels

I got an email from ebay this morning saying Your payout is on its way to your bank account

In the funds status - 11 of them say completed   and 3 say Processing- to be completed on Jun 9

I only noticed this afternoon after all the labels were made that I don’t have the payment in my bank account yet. Nowhere does it say I don’t have the funds yet, I had to check my bank account to see there is nothing there yet. Do I have to check my bank account before I purchase the labels or am I missing something?

second:  Up to now I’ve always used Shippo for my Canadian and International shipping but now it gives me ebay labels but I don’t know where the payments are taken from. It didn’t ask me where I want to pay from and there is no money missing from my paypal or bank account. Where are the payments coming from?

Which leaves me with another question. If they wind up coming from my bank account how can I change that. Question below will explain

third and last (for now) I have a lot of buyers who can’t seem to ask for a total (because if you use a cell it won’t let you)  so they pay for the shipping of each pin 4.25 instead of .25  cents for each extra one, If I send a refund I’m assuming it will come out of my bank account, but I have to pay a fee for each time money comes out of my account.

I hope this all makes sense because I need answers

Thanks for your help

Hi @bunbar! I'm not payments-trained and can't speak to specifics, but I will help where I can! I may end up asking you to contact payments directly on a few, but here we go:

Do I have to check my bank account before I purchase the labels or am I missing something? There is confusion on this topic within my resources and I'm trying to get a clear answer for us. If you use eBay Labels you should either see a charge for them once a month, or they would pull from your Bank account on file each time. From what it sounds like your labels are being invoiced, but to be sure I would send an email to eBaylabels@ebay.ca to have them review your specific account and help. 🙂

Up to now I’ve always used Shippo for my Canadian and International shipping but now it gives me ebay labels but I don’t know where the payments are taken from. [...] Where are the payments coming from? Same answer on this one, will you email the Labels team so they can help out? Also - you are still able to use Shippo for labels if you'd like, you will just need to manually go there instead of choosing the 'print label' option. 

If they wind up coming from my bank account how can I change that. We're trying to get to a place where you can use the pending funds in your payout balance to fund the labels. In the meantime if there are concerns with too many transactions on your bank account it may be easier to continue using Shippo to print your labels and use either a credit card or your PayPal account. The downside there is that you would need to cover the cost of Shippo labels initiatlly while you wait for the payout funds to arrive in your bank account.

If I send a refund I’m assuming it will come out of my bank account, but I have to pay a fee for each time money comes out of my account. If you issue a refund via eBay, that should always pull from your pending funds first. If there aren't enough funds in your pending-payout section then it may either 'front' you the money or ask you to use a 'top-up' method (kind of like a backup funding source). For most people this defaults to a bank account, but you can also attach a credit or debit card. For more help reviewing your options in this scenario, please request a call back from a payments trained teammate and ask them to help you set up a credit or debit card as your 'top up method'.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

Looks like I have another question

How frequently do you want to get paid? Weekly or Daily

Is there pros or cons to what we choose. Since the question is even asked, I'm guessing there is a difference to which you choose

Hi @bunbar - the default is 'daily' which means that every business day that you have funds ready to payout we will send them on their way to your bank (which can take several more days to get to you depending on your bank). 

For many people that is too many transactions across too many days. Those members switch to 'weekly' payouts which means your pending payout accumulates and is sent on their way to your bank every Tuesday. 

Personally, that's what I did on my trading id. It's easier for me to keep track of that way. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

My listings for books are being  revised in relation to….. Item Specifics, Required Soon

This includes author, book title and language…

Up until Tuesday evening, June 8,   a listing that was fully revised was deducted from the total number for listings…with item specifics Required Soon, and removed from my group of listings that required revision

I was working on  my  listings as my listings were grouped in my store in store categories

Starting today, June 9,  the number  for listings that required revision did not change… that is drop by  one with each revision. 

Once revised  a listing was removed from my group of listings that required revision…..  That is no longer occurring

Not removing a revised listing creates a difficulty in following which listings have not been revised…. A headache.

Hi @cumos55 - that's a headache for sure. I will make sure that this gets reported appropriately.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

This question is only about 1 cent but I'm curious as to how ebay takes their fee, I have 3 items that sold for the exact same price but they don't all have the same fee. Not a big deal, but curiousCapture.PNG

Hi @bunbar - were these all going to the same buyer? The only thing I can think of is that the last pin was going to a buyer who had sales tax applied. If they all went to the same buyer I would request a call back from a payments trained teammate so they can go through and help with the fees. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

I/we have been receiving the email from eBay regarding Seller protections basically on a random basis. Maybe have received 4 or 5 times. Each time the information is the same. On mine it notes a defect removed for a Neg feedback and 4 for defects. Is there ANY way to tell what the defects were? This would be helpful for sellers to figure out where problems are happening and address them properly. Nothing I am able to see tells me where this info comes from.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - no, there isn't a way to determine exactly which defect was removed. I'm told it has to do with privacy, etc etc. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week. It's now closed but will be back!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply