MP and eBay Processing a Transaction

tyler@ebay 

Is there a standard time frame for eBay processing a payment received in MP or is it a random window? For my first sale yesterday I received an email that customer had paid. Actual processing time was 15 + hours to move funds to pending. (Required a stamp so no big deal.) Just had another sale and also shows processing. Until funds move to pending there are no funds to pay for postage. And unfortunately this 2nd transaction requires US Small Packet Air so will be short on the fuel surcharge. This processing lag time would be unfairly affecting a sellers specified handling time.

-Lotz

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Also of note, Sellers Hub page includes Sales tax collected. Packing Slip does not and math is incorrect. Screen grab attached.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Until funds move to pending there are no funds to pay for postage.

I  didn't think that it was set up yet for Canadians to pay with pending funds, are we able to do that now?

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

I thought the idea was that shipping could be paid with either pending funds or PayPal. In speaking to MP support the other day everything would be "easy peasy". Their words, not mine. Also was told the move of listing to MP would be gradual and funds WOULD be available from each transaction to process postage. Unfortunately the call did not come with an email log of the info.Appears to be more like a running float.

Current transaction "processing"  requires shipping by midnight tonight. Most likely Eastern time zone. My listings state will ship within 1 business day. Last time I checked 1 business day was 24 hours. Longer on weekends.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

I don't know Lotz. I started MP Feb 1 and I still haven't rec'd a cent of my sales proceeds due to something called "Declined Payouts"... but that's another thread....My question here is "How are you Sellers now processing the eBay fees deducted? Are you still entering them into your  accounting as "Business Expenses" or are you simply entering your net receipts ("Payouts" for those lucky enough to get them) as  net "Business Inc ome" and ignoring the deducted fees? Do we need to register the fees considering eBay is snagging them first?

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

When I used to run around stages fixing things for Glen Campbell and other fun names to drop... ( Did you know he was tall? I'm short. He wore a kilt. Every job has it's down side... in that case, it's upside). I wore a black shirt so I would think the 30,000 people in front  of the stage couldn't see me. Ebay.com rolls this out and that out but I don't think they see us Canadians up here. We should all change our shirts. 🙂

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

I am able to buy shipping label when the money is in processing mode.

I have MP and ebay shipping.  I am able to purchase the shipping label and ebay charges me, usually within a few days - not right away.  A bit annoying especially if my payment has been sent to my bank  on Tuesday leaving zero in my account and then the shipping charges come on Wed.  Just have to hope more sales are  on Thursday.  I think the bugs are still being worked on🙄

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

I think Shippo allows for shipping to be paid by credit card as a main method. This may solve the bank shortage issue while racking up loyalty points that a lot of cards offer.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@lucitabby wrote:

I am able to buy shipping label when the money is in processing mode.

I have MP and ebay shipping.  I am able to purchase the shipping label and ebay charges me, usually within a few days - not right away.  A bit annoying especially if my payment has been sent to my bank  on Tuesday leaving zero in my account and then the shipping charges come on Wed.  Just have to hope more sales are  on Thursday.  I think the bugs are still being worked on🙄

In viewing the 2 recent transactions. One completed and the other processing there is no mention of processing postage. My shipments are processed either with Shippo or stamps. Another place this could cause a small kerfuffle if a customer preferred to pay with PayPal vs cash for a pick up. (It happens!!) Ummmm would you mind waiting while the payment processes. It should be completed eventually!!! Customer..System says I paid!!

-Lotz

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Thinking out loud here .. final value fees (and all other Ebay fees) are subject to Gst/HST. Sellers that claim back GST or HST on purchases definately need to enter the Final Value fees into their accounting as business expenses unless they choose to forfeit the ITC. It makes me wonder if with managed payments is Ebay remitting the GST collected in their FV fees back to Canada? I don't see it showing up in my new transactions section.  I haven't received my first Managed Payments invoice yet. 

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I can't edit my GST comment and I don't want to mislead anyone. Here's an update. I looked back and eBay was collecting GST and showing the amount collected on all fees until Dec 2020. My store subscription rate appears to include GST but they stopped showing the amount  collected on my January 2021 invoice. Maybe it's just a gliche on the new invoice format?

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I was invited to use ebay shipping - I had to activate it.  Under orders, when I click on "print shipping label" it brings up ebay shipping.  If I don't want to use it, there is a link at the top of page to go to Shippo.

The rates are the same as Shippo, Paypal - just a problem right now with the fuel surcharge on small packet to the US.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

It makes me wonder if with managed payments is Ebay remitting the GST collected in their FV fees back to Canada? I don't see it showing up in my new transactions section.

When you look at a sales slip from Home Depot or Joe's Convenience, what proof does it show that the taxes collected actually are remitted? Why would eBay need to show proof?

OTOH, the seller is required to attach his GST number to every invoice where it is charged.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Hey Lotz, my MP processing times are usually at least a day. However once eBay states you are paid then you are good to ship. You do however have to have an account with Shippo or use eBays label system to ship. Shippo uses Paypal or Credit card for payment, eBay system uses your monthly invoice. For me I set up a rule in Paypal to use my MP bank account for the Shippo fees, however the rule only takes effect when by Paypal ballance is zero. Which it always is now since my move to MP, it is messy but it works for me. I ship as soon as I get a sale, just like before MP.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@flyhooks4less 

@teenytrinkets 

@lucitabby 

I've been enrolled in MP since Monday. Today received an item has sold email - Do Not Ship until you are paid. That special email has not arrived even though it says ready to ship in Sellers Hub. Noted in Hub as processing. (All previous transactions included both emails so this may be something like what was happening in past where emails were intermittent.) If I were not to ship order I would receive an alert telling me to ship by midnight tonight. My handling is 1 business day.

When MP was first announced it was stated that shipping could be paid from pending funds. It did not say that pending funds needed to be processed first. In speaking to an MP agent Sunday/Monday was told funds would always removed from pending funds and not from attached bank. Unfortunately the call did not include a call log but they were defiant on this point.  Not sure how this will always be possible with sellers unable to control the balance on hold when it will be constantly in a state of flux.

Also of note refunds for FVF's are ONLY processed when you refund in full. If refund to customer is 1 cent less there will no refund. Time frame for those refunds(credits) to process unable to confirm.

In the past my postage has always been processed with Shippo. Fees are removed and detailed with an email 5 to 15 minutes later. Not a few days later or monthly. Going forward it is looking like the easiest way(for me) will to be feeding PayPal with funds to cover postage. As for monthly store fees, if funds are moving in and out  constantly(daily or weekly) there are no guarantees that when it is time to pay those fees the amount required will be there in Available Funds.

As per all MP messages miliage may vary. Please do not create listings and drive. Thank you for shopping at Walmart. Have a nice day!! Now get out because we all want to go home. 😉

-Lotz

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

Have you had a payout actually deposited? (not "completed or sent" but deposited? Mine have all bounced and "rebounced" at least twice. Ebay says no dough going into my account until MARCH 2!

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

There's getting to be so many threads about MP my head is spinning. Here's my take on GST from the thread "MP and eBay Processing a Transaction" 

.. final value fees (and all other Ebay fees) are subject to Gst/HST. Sellers that claim back GST or HST on purchases definately need to enter the Final Value fees into their accounting as business expenses unless they choose to forfeit the ITC. It makes me wonder if with managed payments is Ebay remitting the GST collected in their FV fees back to Canada? I don't see it showing up in my new transactions section.

I looked back and eBay was collecting GST and showing the amount collected on all fees until Dec 2020. My store subscription rate appears to include GST but they stopped showing the amount collected on my January 2021 invoice. Maybe it's just a gliche on the new invoice format?

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Until today I thought "Shippo" WAS eBay Shipping Labels. When I came close to qualifying for Level 2 discounts Canada Post didn't reflect any of my Shippo purchases to qualify. 

all labels  I purchased through PayPal qualified but none from Shippo. This year I'm using my credit card with Canada Post getting loyalty points and CP is registering the purchases. I have to upload tracking. Are eBay Shipping Labels a better way to go? I clicked on a link and it took me off of eBay.ca to eBay .com. These days I'm very nervous to try anything new!

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Hi Lotz,

If it shows paid and ready to ship in Sellers Hub then I would ship.  I often only get an Item Sold email and no follow-up Paid email.

When I was first on MP back in Nov, I used Shippo for my parcels.  About a month later I got an invite to use "ebay labels shipping" which I activated and started using.  I had several problems with it at first but it seems to be better now with the exception of the fuel charge for Small Packet US not showing on the purchase page but it is included when the charge appears on my account.

The shipping charges are billed to my MP account - they are slow to appear, sometimes a week after I have purchased and then I will get a bunch all at once.  They will take from my available amount - should I ever have a time when I have no money in MP then they will take from my bank account.

I have had no issue with receiving my payments each week.

I don't have a store and I don't have an invoice to pay so I have no idea if you can pay your store fees from your MP account - somehow I doubt it.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Have you had a payout actually deposited? (not "completed or sent" but deposited? Mine have all bounced and "rebounced" at least twice. Ebay says no dough going into my account until MARCH 2!

1 payment processed and is in my bank account for my first MP sale. Just over 72 hours.  2nd transaction funds are enroute. Payments that are "processing" make me nervous because I've read several reports that sellers have had funds not arrive but showed on the way from sellers perspective and paid from buyers perspective. Payments basically in the twilight zone <insert music>. When they contacted cs they got limited help. And these sellers have no choice but to pay for shipping out of their own pocket. 

Hoping you are able to get your transactions figured out and into your wallet!!! Does it feel like when you've been told the cheque is in the mail?

-Lotz

Message 20 of 25
latest reply