Managed Payment Registration Questions.

These questions have probably been asked before, but not by me.

Will current eBay listing rates change when this new program is implemented?

Is eBay taking over the payments and receipts that were previously put through Pay Pal?What happens to my Pay Pal account now as it is only being used for eBay transactions?

Should I close my Pay Pal account after the new plan begins?

As I am only an individual and not a business, what would the downfall be for me if I chose not to join this Managed Payment ?  

That's all --------------, for now.

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Will current eBay listing rates change when this new program is implemented?
Yes. Some transactions will have slightly lower fees, others slightly higher.

Is eBay taking over the payments and receipts that were previously put through Pay Pal?
Yes.

What happens to my Pay Pal account now as it is only being used for eBay transactions?
Your PayPal account will have no connection with ebay, eBay transactions will no longer appear in PayPal. As a buyer you may continue to use PayPal to fund your purchases.

Should I close my Pay Pal account after the new plan begins?
Definitely not. It is advisable to delay closure until at least 6 months have past since your last sale. The account is subject to PayPal money back guarantee claims and credit card charge backs.

As I am only an individual and not a business, what would the downfall be for me if I chose not to join this Managed Payment ?  
Eventual loss of ability to create new listings or even revise existing ones.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Any payments to you will be better tracked by CRA because ebay is asking for your SIN number which they say they require to pay you. But they don't need that. Just a scam. Just another thing ebay is taking away from us sellers to make it more difficult to do any business at all big or small.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, what changes (increases) will I see verses what is currently being charged?  It is very difficult to do a quick comparison from this link.   I do have a Basic store.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

No S.I.N. number is required.  I may have entered another 'detail' with an incorrectly.  We will see.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

And why would they prevent me from listing items?  What gain would they have if we all didn't sign up for this program?  It would revert back to the current method rather quickly, don't you think.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply