Changing listing currency

Hi,

I used to list in USD but changed it to CAD years ago. Now I'm trying to list in USD on the ebay.ca site again but can't figure out how to change the settings from CAD to USD.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

on "Create your listing" page - almost at the top "Choose a currency" option, drop down menu with US or Canadian currency setting.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Just to clarify, you can't do that when the listing is still running. You must end it before you can change the currency.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Thanks!

I was hoping to change on setting instead of changing each listing.

Have a great day 🙂

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

You need to go to the advance selling tab and do it there, there is no other spots on the new selling screen, you can't change it in the quick selling screen. I had the same issue too, thanks for the question!
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Where is the advanced selling tab?

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Top right hand corner of the sell your item form.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

On Ebay.ca? Because I cant find it! 

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

It's on ebay. ca and .com

You have to first go into the sell your item form and on the top right of that form there is a link for either the quick listing tool or the advanced tool. 

If you see the quick listing tool link, that means you are already on the advanced from. Near the top of the advanced form there is a change currency section....just above the Describe your item section.   If you are relisting an item it should stay in the original currency but if you use sell similar, it will automatically switch to Canadian funds so you have to specify U.S. $ if that's what you want.

You do have some listings already in U.S currency so you must be using the advance form for those ones.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

It seems we are no longer able to sell in USD from Canada. I could not find a way to change currency on the advanced form so I attempted to use an old US Dollar listing as a template and it would not let me save until I changed the currency. Bummer!

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@geekhaus_ca wrote:

It seems we are no longer able to sell in USD from Canada. I could not find a way to change currency on the advanced form so I attempted to use an old US Dollar listing as a template and it would not let me save until I changed the currency. Bummer!

US Dollar on .ca eliminated effective June 17th as per announcement in March

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/03/22/7748/

Followed by numerous follow up announcements

http://announcements.ebay.ca/tag/currency/

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@geekhaus_ca wrote:

It was announced last spring the US$ on eBay.CA was being phased out out and that the only way Canadians could sell in US$ was to list on eBay.com

If you must have US$ here is a list of shipping choices when listing on eBay.com for the Canadian seller (who ships from Canada)

-.-

To the USA
All flat rate, no calculated, with expected delivery time.

Economy Shipping from outside US (11 to 23 business days)
Standard Shipping from outside US (6 to 10 business days)
Expedited Shipping from outside US (1 to 4 business days)
Flat rate Freight

-.-

Outside the USA, to the rest of the world (including Canada)
All flat rate, no calculated, countries are selectable.

Economy Int'l Shipping
Standard Int'l Shipping
Expedited Int'l Shipping

You can have up to 5 separate International rates for countries you
select plus can have "Require buyers to contact you for international
shipping costs" as a choice. This last International option allows the
potential buyer to ask for a cost and you can calculate a shipping cost to their country.

-.-

Even though Canada Post is not an option on eBay.com, a Canadian seller can still buy discounted shipping through PayPal from Canada Post for any sale.

-..-

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Paypal has a 4% spread o n currency exchange. Thats the worst spread anyone scams their clients for.

So when you list in USD they charge you commission in USD and Ebay also uses the same 4% spread so the fees are actually way higher than stated. Then paypal takes 4% now to accept the bloody payment. So Ebay took 10% plus 4% on top and Paypal takes 4% to accept money. Want to deposit that into your CAD account? Another 4% direct loss.

I have USD bank accounts. Only paypal will not allow me to deposit USD into my USD accounts. It forces me being a Canadian to convert. Why? Only one reason why. That extra 4%. It effectively costs 8% to accept paypal. So the Ebay 10% commision (final value fees are in fact AT LEAST 10%) plus Paypals 8% ... now add on the extra 4% on the ebay 10% and you come to a whopping 20% commission for Ebay and paypal.

Thats the same as selling in a physical consignment store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only there you have zero risk. WIth Ebay/Paypal people can return up to 6 months later and Paypal takes that money from you no questions asked.

Ebay is EXTREMELY expensive and EXTREMELY risky.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Yes, everything you say is true, but the main advantage of listing in USD, is the exchange rate (25-30%) more then covers the fees,

Just saying.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

If you do a lot of travelling in the USA or know that many of your buyers are going to be using US dollars, you can list on Ebay.com and be paid in USD. The trick to get your money in USD is to get an American based account. It used to be impossible, but I have an account with BMO Harris and TD Bank, both based in the USA. Because the accounts are housed in the USA, PayPal can transfer the money, as USD, to those accounts.

The easiest way (I found) is using BMO. You call BMO Harris, open an account (chequing is the best), and then once it is opened, you transfer your money from PayPal to that US based account. You can link your Canadian based BMO account with that BMO Harris account, You can then transfer money from BMO to Harris (electronically) or write a cheque on Harris to your BMO account. I have been doing this for a few years now and it avoids having to pay FX fees.

It is crazy in this day of global banking that you have to do this. It is even crazier that you can do an electronic transfer from Canada to the US, but you have to use a paper cheque to get money from the US housed account into the Canadian housed US dollar account. And all of that was pre Trump!!!

@amcdc79 wrote:

Yes, everything you say is true, but the main advantage of listing in USD, is the exchange rate (25-30%) more then covers the fees,

Just saying.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply

@recped wrote:

@geekhaus_ca wrote:

US Dollar on .ca eliminated effective June 17th as per announcement in March

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/03/22/7748/

Followed by numerous follow up announcements

http://announcements.ebay.ca/tag/currency/

Wow, haven't listed something in over 2 years because of how awful the changes keep coming and just learned that now. eBay keeps trying new ways to lose more and more members.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

NECRO THREAD

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

its not even there **bleep**

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

That post was 7 years ago 😎  ZOMBIE THREAD!!!

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@wizardcollectibles 

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2015!

The information in this thread is out of date and incorrect.

If youhave a problem please start your own thread.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply