Markdown manager question

Hi all,

I am (sadly) closing my store at the end of January and have decided to reduce the price of my store inventory by 25%.

So I have used the markdown manager feature for this.

I have never used this before, but I have noticed when other sellers have put items on sale because there was a visible little sale symbol on the listing when I saw them in search.

I can see the sale symbol on my items if I look at them in my store, but if I click on the "see other items" link to look at my listings as though they were being found in search the symbol is not there.

All I can see is the item picture and the price in a standard black print, there is nothing showing that the price has been reduced and the item is on sale.

Is it because I'm looking at my own listings that I can't see it, or does it not show in a search listing?

Part of the reason I wanted to use this feature, is that I thought it would help to make the listings more eye catching (assuming anyone can find them in search, I've been buried alive), but if there is no visible way of telling that the item is on sale what's the point?

Thanks in advance!

Heather

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Markdown manager question

"sale" does not show in search. Ya need to rely on someone clicking on the listing to show that the widget is on sale.

I get yer frustration, I have been there. Thing is, how do you draw folks to your listing? A combo of keywrods and price. Having a sale does work for me. I get a very noticeable increase in sales.

I have found that the shorter the sale, the lower the results. The longer the sale (3-5) days, the better the results. I am "guessing" that I need to include the searching, finding, reading, thinking, deciding, buying, time into the sale.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply