Tracking number not entering

I am entering the tracking numbers but they do not stay entered. I get the following message.

Unknown error occurred while updating tracking. Please try again.

Is anynoe else having this issue or is it just me?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Don't put off shipping for the tracking number.

It can be added later, manually.  So keep a (paper) record.

And of course:

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks, I phoned and they made a high priority ticket and said that lots of sellers are having a problem. I just checked again and ten of the eleven have been updated and stay entered so things are looking better.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@tuckhouse2021 wrote:

I am entering the tracking numbers but they do not stay entered. I get the following message.

Unknown error occurred while updating tracking. Please try again.

Is anynoe else having this issue or is it just me?

@tuckhouse2021 

Interesting known nuance confirmed by eBay staff is each time you update tracking you are modifying the actual date of the shipment. If you update a week later system believes the shipment was created a week later. As per @femmefan1946 it would best to keep a hard copy of the originally generated label if you need to prove down the road actually when the label was created. With Shippo and CP the record does include a timestamp.With eBay labels there is a date but no timestamp. (That would be on the print label email you receive. ) Looking at a recent shipment from the tab it  assumes it was put in the mail the same day label was created.  Other reason why a hard copy receipt is good backup.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 4
latest reply