eBay Filters Message, Working As Normal?

So before I start, I know what the "buyer" is asking to do is against policy so I am ot going to respond, however I had some technical questions.

I get an e-mail from eBay saying a buyer has a question, which essentially is asking confirmation if I will trade and if I am in Quebec. (This is the typical eBay relay e-mail when someone send a message)

However, when I go to my messages it's not there. If I go to my selling it says a member has a question, but when I go to reply, there is no message, just my ability to reply.

I imagine that this member offered to trade, and eBay's filter caught it and never delivered the message, because the "buyers" message sounded as if he sent another message and he wanted an answer.

tyler@ebay 

Just wondering if eBay's filter is doing it's job OK. 

Thanks

BTW, should I reply to the message or just leave it as is?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

eBay Filters Message, Working As Normal?

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @retroman_studios - I've been digging into this since last night and am having a dickens of a time getting solid info for both of us. 

It sounds as though the filters caught it and removed it from hitting your inbox, which isn't something I was aware of being done.

If you wanted to reply to it just to say that you're not interested in doing that, etc, etc, you could. But if you can't find the message/question to reply to I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that. 

Would you mind sending me a private message with more details about the item/potential buyer so I can have a closer look? Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 2
latest reply