How do I remove my items from the USA site and put them on the .CA site?

lisi36v
Community Member

When I signed up on eBay, I only bought stuff for many years. I didn't do any selling. I THINK I signed up on ebay.ca, but I'm not sure. Anyways, only a few months ago I decided to start selling. (I have a dozen or so items that have been collecting dust in the basement over the years and would like to get rid of them as I never use them and they have no sentimental value to me anymore).

I have always lived in Canada. I heard that the USA has 10 times the population of Canada, so I decided to put my stuff up on the dot com (USA) website instead of the dot ca (CANADA) website. Now I regret it, but I can't figure out how to list my things on the .ca site.

I regret it because if someone who lives in Canada looks at one of my items and wants to buy it, they might be disgusted at the fact that it says they have to pay a higher shipping fee than someone who lives in the USA (which is ridiculous, considering the fact that the item is in Canada).

Another reason I regret it is because I read that I can get  cheaper shipping costa if I print the shipping labels on my own printer at home. It won't let me do this, because it only accepts American zipcodes, so when I try to type in a sixth character or a letter instead of just numbers, it won't show up on the screen. It also only shows two American shipping options with radio buttons for me to select (I think they were USPS and UPS or something. There was no "Canada Post" for me to select, even though this was the company I chose as my shipper)

Even when I said to myself, "OK, just let those eight items stay on the USA site, but put your ninth item on the Canadian site", it would automatically list them on the American site!!! I logged into the .ca site, but I would see them listed along with my other eight listings on the American site.

I even took an "eBay University" course in a brick-and-mortar building, but when I asked the instructor this question, he said he didn't know, and that I should phone eBay. And he has a Canadian wife with a Canadian bank account!

That instructor recommended to his students that we just try selling our first fifty items within Canada, and then after that we can branch out into the USA and worldwide.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You will have to create new listings on .ca.  There is no way to transfer from .com.  Good thing is, you have 50 free listings to use before the end of the month.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

"I even took an "eBay University" course in a brick-and-mortar building, but when I asked the instructor this question, he said he didn't know...."

I hope you didn't pay much for that course. You'd get better answers for free on ebay Canada Community.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@pinetreecottage wrote:

You will have to create new listings on .ca.  There is no way to transfer from .com.  Good thing is, you have 50 free listings to use before the end of the month.

Well there is the Listing Migration Tool. Is it no longer offered? 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Listing Migration Tool

Carp.jpg

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

they have to pay a higher shipping fee than someone who lives in the USA

When you list on dotCOM, you are forced to use a Flat Rate for shipping

OMG!

Are you trying to use the USPS shipping rates?

Since you are shipping from Canada, you should be using the Canada Post rate card.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Have you been using the USPS card?

Since your items seem mostly to be bulky, listing on dotCA makes more sense.

You can use Calculated Shipping for your Canadian buyers and either Calculated or Flat Rate Shipping for foreign buyers.

Go to dotCA.

The Sell Your Item form looks different, more detailed, but in some ways easier to use.

Make sure you have your own postal address in the Location.

put your ninth item on the Canadian site", it would automatically list them on the American site!!! I logged into the .ca site, but I would see them listed....on the American site.

Yes.

If you give a shipping cost to a given destination, your listing will show on the home site for that destination.

Ifyou ship to the USA, listings on dotCA appear on the dotCOM site.

If you ship to Canada, listings on dotCOM appear on the dotCA site.

If you ship to Germany, listings on dotCA appear on the dotDE site.

And in Search, the listing will show in the currency of the site. Only when the customer looks at the actual listing, will she see BOTH her own currency and the currency of the site she is visiting.

Here's an example:

Details about  SENEGAL # 221-226 BUTTERFLIES complete set mint never hinged 1963

If you plug that title into Search on dotCA, you'll see the US dollar price, because it was listed on dotCOM and below that the Canadian dollar price, because you are viewing on dotCA.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply