Shipping Rate Table not working

Hi. I'm trying out the shipping rate table for domestic shipping, for the first time. But when I preview it, it doesn't activate and the shipping says 'contact seller for costs'. Is there a way around this, or is it just the preview that doesn't activate, and when it's listed it will work?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You could try using this one instead:

https://www.canadapost.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Remember that it doesn't include any of the few parcel discounts we get using our Solutions for Small Business number with SnapShip/Paypal/ Shippo.

And there is no Expedited on the list, but that price is the same as Regular Parcel, it's just a little faster.

Those are the prices your customer will see, including fuel fee and sales taxes, and not necessarily what you will pay.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I haven't given the shipping table option a try myself but my guess is you'll need to create a live listing to check out the results ... trial and error sort of thing.

I've looked at it before, looks like there's a few different methods ... I'd be interested in reading if it works as expected. If I was still listing a lot of parcel service items I'd for sure be taking the time to experiment with those tables... they're a good idea.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:
I haven't given the shipping table option a try myself but my guess is you'll need to create a live listing to check out the results ... trial and error sort of thing.

I've looked at it before, looks like there's a few different methods ... I'd be interested in reading if it works as expected. If I was still listing a lot of parcel service items I'd for sure be taking the time to experiment with those tables... they're a good idea.

@cl0ck-watcher 

It was released a year ago with lots of hype and fanfare. I played around with it a bit. It would/could work if you ship an assortment of items that are similar size/packaging. There are too many variables if your items are random in nature.

-Lotz

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/shipping-returns/shipping-rate-tables.html

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Would it be useful for someone using eBay's branded boxes, for example? There are three sizes, but weight would vary.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Would it be useful for someone using eBay's branded boxes, for example? There are three sizes, but weight would vary.

If a seller were sending bricks or bundles of yarn the final rate still would depend on the final weight for one or the dimensions for the other. Different rates for same size box. You might win on one, lose on the next one. Too many losses. Not really any savings.

Truly, the only way I could see working smoothly if it was a flat rate to each zone with a weight limit. I remember using canpar years and years ago. They had zone rating (probably still do). It was a charting nightmare. And long before cubing was part of the calculation.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 6
latest reply