Can I still sell in US dollars on Managed Payments?

I have to register for Managed Payments by April 29th. I list my items on Amazon.com, will I still be able to continue doing so or will I have to transfer my listings to .ca?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

You will have to ask Amazon that. 🙂

But if you meant sell in $US on ebay.....

Right now Canadians listings on the US site will have the buyers payments changed to Canadian dollars so that they can deposit the money into your Canadian account.  The currency exchange fee is 3%.

In the future we will be  able to have the money deposited into a US$ account at a Canadian bank.  I'm not sure exactly how that will work.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

I got this message too in eBay today. I was hoping to never get it - or at least, not until they have resolved ALL the problems with their system... I don't want to register until they have a way to keep the US$ balance in my eBay account until *I* choose to convert it (I don't have a US$ bank account and don't want one either).

Be very cautious and ask your bank before you do anything.I too list on .com and list in US dollars. I also received my MP notice yesterday.I deal with 3 different larger Canadian banks and all 3 have told me that they will do the transfer in US dollars and will charge 3% as a currency exchange fee but they also want $15.00 per transaction !!!!.  That certainly isn't going to happen so looks like I am going to be busy setting my listings up on the .CA side.

I don't want to register until they have a way to keep the US$ balance in my eBay account until *I* choose to convert it

Hmmm- that comes at the problem from a different angle.

Wonder what the MP/ Ayden software programmers could do with that concept?

A Canadian (or German or Spanish or UK or Chinese) signs up and has an MP account in her own country and currency.

But US funds are allowed to build in the account until Ayden can work out how to accept two (or more) bank accounts in various currencies.

I'm wondering the same thing. Hopefully someone gets back to you with an answer. Thanks for posting!