Funds on hold

Hi, i sold 4 trading cards, all under $20, ebay put my funds on hold until they have confirmation that the buyers have receive them. They force me to send them tracked. I won't do it since it will cost me more than i sold the items so i used regular shipping by Canada Post.  How can i get my money from ebay? I told the buyers to leave feedback, will it be enough to confirm delivery?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

eBay generally holds funds for a varying amount of time regardless of tracking (at least that's my understanding). If you're a new seller or haven't sold much for a while, your funds will likely be held for a good while. Even if they were sent tracked and delivery confirmed, eBay might still hold the funds to ensure there wasn't a return. When you become established as a seller / reestablished if you haven't sold much for a while, that time period drops. Eventually you should be paid out within 2 days or so.

If you go to your payments summary, it should tell you when funds will be released.

They force me to send them tracked.

For Domestic shipping, Registered Mail  will cost you $9.75 over the cost of Letter Mail.

For US shipping, there is a 53% discount on Tracked Parcel USA shipping labels at the moment.

If your eBay business is successful, you are paying taxes.

If you are paying taxes, you have deductions to the taxable amount.
Postage is a tax deduction.

If you don't supply the tracking number ( for a~$50 sale) you will never be paid.

If you don't ship to the customer, not only will eBay refund them, but your selling account will get Defects for each failed transaction.

EBay is getting tough on new and occasional sellers. With only five sales this year and less than a dozen over the years, you fit the profile of the kind of seller they are checking up on.

It's business, not personal.

Have you never run into a Bad Seller in your years here? That's what eBay is trying, ham-handedly, to eliminate.

This is eBay's site, eBay's rules & policies. As a a seller on eBay you play by the rules or it's game over.

Even if/when a buyer leaves feedback, that is no guarantee funds will be released. If eBay feels there is reason to withhold a seller's funds, eBay will do so UNTIL such time as eBay is fully satisfied that all is well and good with the transactions. While today's society is of the mindset that everything must be/needs to be/has to be instantaneous, not everything is /nor will it be....

Selling on eBay requires this thing called P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E!