Google shopping is advertising all my Ebay listings as Free Delivery. I do not offer free shipping

thatswhaticollect2
Community Member

Google shopping search engine is advertising all my Ebay listings as Free Delivery.  I do not offer free shipping and.  I've contacted Ebay & Google and they have not fix the issues or explained what is the issue.  This google false advertising of free delivery is destroying my business and obtaining new customers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

I doubt that it is any consolation but that seems to be a problem for many of the ebay listings that show up on google shopping.  It seems that many of the listings displayed do not have free shipping even though that is what is displayed so the problem isn't just with your listings.

@thatswhaticollect2 wrote:

Google shopping search engine is advertising all my Ebay listings as Free Delivery.  I do not offer free shipping and.  I've contacted Ebay & Google and they have not fix the issues or explained what is the issue.  This google false advertising of free delivery is destroying my business and obtaining new customers.

I've had buyers make offers with the app where it's shown free shipping. They complained as soon as they received the automatic invoice. I had to explain that was not part of my listing. This has been mentioned by others in the past. Not sure if it was ever looked at or addressed. When I send an offer to buyer it clearly states as per calculated shipping or flat rate when that applies.

I've also had buyers (2) find my items somehow in Kijijji for local pickup. Except they were in Toronto and I am in Calgary.

-Lotz

marnotom!
Community Member

@thatswhaticollect2 wrote:

This google false advertising of free delivery is destroying my business and obtaining new customers.

I doubt that your business is being destroyed because of this glitch.  If the correct shipping rate showed up for your listings in Google Shopping, I doubt that people would be no more likely to buy from you than they would now, where they see "free" shipping in Google and a shipping charge in eBay.  I don't think it's the glitch that's influencing their decision not to buy from you but the fact that they have to pay a shipping charge that they're unwilling to pay.

Again, small consolation, but I hope it reduces your stress levels somewhat.  Meanwhile, I would give a lot of consideration to @femmefan1946's advice of seeing if offering free shipping is practical to implement.

What is showing on your eBay listings?

Your buyers are buying on eBay not on Google after all.

If you get a customer complaining about this, you can explain that Google is wrong.

Have you considered offering Free Shipping?

DON'T PANIC!

Free shipping means you have included the cost of shipping in your asking price rather than making it a line item.

This could work quite well on your more unusual items - those valued from perhaps $100 to $1500.  Would there be any resistance to $115 with Free Shipping compared to $100 with $15 shipping?

How about $1515 with Free Shipping compared to $1000 with $15 shipping?

• "Free" shipping is always a flat rate for any destination, so don't offer it on international sales.

Remember that there are people in this world who live to pick fights. Whether you give in to them or not, they will not improve.
There's a lot to be said for a polite answer. If it doesn't work (that is if the customer is rude about the truth) Block him. The transaction will not get better.

By the way.

No Returns does not mean No Refunds.

It can mean lost sales (because the customer thinks you will be difficult), unwarranted Not As Described complaints and demands for partial refunds, and the ugly choice of paying return shipping or letting the customer have both the purchase and the refund.

Buyers have four days to pay-- that is, you can't open an Unpaid Item Dispute for 96 hours. 

But you can add Immediate Payment Required to any Fixed Price item (at no charge!) and the listing stays live until someone actually coughs up the cash.