How To Remove City Location From Listings

Hi there,

On my listings, under shipping where it says "Located In:" I am showing the city, province and country. I would like to remove the city as I have sellers asking to meet because they are close to me, but I cannot seem to find where to change that.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I don't know if they will still let you do this but near the bottom of the sell your item form (underneath the shipping exclusions) click on edit next to item location and delete your postal code then update listing.   When I didn't have my postal code listed I would get 'reminded' to add it so they may not allow you to delete it.

I occasionally got that, and found that by suggesting that Sunday would be good, and that we meet at my church after services during Fellowship Hour.  For some reason, no one took me up on that, even when I told them our minister baked wonderful cranberry loaf. (True, she also baked the bread for Communion.)

Seriously, is this once or constant? Like half or even a third of your sales?

You can make the meeting too awkward-- for example "I'm really tied up for the next week or so, but if you are willing to wait until November 12, we could meet at the Timmie's near the Bay store in the Ourtown Mall, after work, say 5:30?"

The thing these guys don't get is that it may save them $5 in postage, it costs you an hour or more of your time, which even at minimum wage is about $15.  But they don't care, and will be annoyed if you tell them.

You can also firmly but politely say, "Thank you for your offer, but that would be difficult to arrange. If shipping will be a big problem, I am willing to cancel the transaction as a Buyer Request."  Either they agree to the cancellation and you relist immediately or they cave and you mail their purchase.

Point being, the Seller is in charge of shipping services, costs, and security.