Problems printing shipping labels

jcorn79
Community Member

Is anyone else in Canada having trouble printing shipping labels right now?  On my PC I can fill in the all the detials but when I click to purchase it takes me to an error screen: "something went wrong".  When I use the app on my phone it won't even get through to the screen where details are entered it just hangs and I need to restart the app.

This is super frustrating because the best shipping rates for Canada Post are available through Ebay.  Otherwise I need to buy from CP directly and try to claim the difference because Ebay's system is broken.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or have you resolved it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

The problem has returned "CanadaWide".     System wants a ship from US address.

This is why I do not "automatically" pass the savings on to the customer, charge the regular rates, and refund shipping discounts "after the fact" when the shipping label is printed and I know precisely what eBay charged me for their special rates that day, hour or minute...

...the issue is the total weight field, when you reduce or change it you get this error. It has been going on for weeks and weeks, typical eBay.

Change no weight and you will be able to print the label, I use my Canada Post Account when I get this error.

Exact same problem here, ebay has told me its my browser causing the problem but multiple browsers and machines still show the same issue. Trying to purchase through the ebay app just causes the app to constantly open and close.

dclaggs
Community Member

I have also been having this issue.

belial867
Community Member

Did you get this resolved? I'm also in Canada having the same issue.

@jcorn79 wrote:

Is anyone else in Canada having trouble printing shipping labels right now?  On my PC I can fill in the all the detials but when I click to purchase it takes me to an error screen: "something went wrong".  When I use the app on my phone it won't even get through to the screen where details are entered it just hangs and I need to restart the app.

This is super frustrating because the best shipping rates for Canada Post are available through Ebay.  Otherwise I need to buy from CP directly and try to claim the difference because Ebay's system is broken.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or have you resolved it?

@jcorn79 

According to the ebay ca and CP status pages everything is running fine. At times there can be issues at CP but it does not get noted on the boards. Links attached. It's possible eBay is making system modifications and has caused a problem.  The CP status page is the BEST place to check whenever you have issues creating labels.

https://www.ebay.ca/sts

https://status.canadapost.ca/

-Lotz