Trouble Printing 4x6 Labels on Thermal Printer

Looking for help with a reocurring issue I'm having buying and printing labels from eBay.

For reference, I'm using Munbyn ITPP941U thermal label printer that uses 4x6 labels.

I have tried both Canada Post and Fedex labels through eBay and am having similar problems.

Essentially the preview looks fine, it's filling the entire page.

When I generate the shipping label (doesn't matter if I click print or download) I get a page that has the 4x6 label up in the top left corner of the page (essentially taking up 4x6 on a 8x11 page). 

I have tried many things to get the label to fill the page:

- Custom dimensions/zoom -> print goes off the page and left margin is massive

- saving as a pdf to try to edit -> need to pay for acrobat pro to crop a pdf (not willing to cut into my margins to do that)

- selecting the label to try to get it to just print the label and not the white space -> doesn't work on my computer the way it's shown on Munbyn's youtube help channel

- making sure 4x6 paper is selected -> it is and doesn't matter

- screenshotting the label and adjusting the size in paint and reprinting -> not scannable at the post office

My inclination is that the problem is with the pdf generating from eBay because the preview shows a label that fills the page but the label I get only fills 1/4.

However, since this is my first thermal printer I don't know if it's a problem with the printer settings? The only advice Munbyn had was selecting the desired print area with your mouse but it didn't work for me. 

I would buy another printer to alleviate the problem but I'm hesitant because I don't know if its eBay or the printer (or me). 

For reference, I'm a millenial as is my partner. We both work on computers all day and neither one of us could figure it out. 

View Entire Topic

Need to add 4x6 label "stock' in the printer preferences. Not in browser but in windows settings. Windows start menu> settings>printers and scanners> printer>manage>preferences>page setup>stock>add