We want to open eBay stores at both eBay Canada and eBay France. Is it possible?

Hi,

We‘ve been selling at my eBay store through eBay ca. in English. My French speaking son is going to pitch in. We would like to open eBay store at eBay France, hoping to appeal to french speaking people more if we advertise our products in French. I was researching how to open eBay fr store. Then I come across that phrase, which eBay says, “We recommend that you use a separate account for your work so you do not mix transactions”. We have over 300 positive feed backs and top-rated seller status. Having a separated account means we have to start all over again from zero feedback? Does anyone have a good suggestion?

We appreciate your time.

View Entire Topic

You can list your items on any eBay site you like. I have, from my eBay Canada account, listed on dotCOM, dotCOUK, and on the Aussie site.

The only real problem is about shipping. The foreign sites are set up for their own postal systems. This means that you will be forced to use Fixed Price shipping when you list on eBaydotFR. I hope your son is able to read all the details about shipping on the dotFR Sell Your Item form.

Remember your shipping costs will be based on Canada Post services.

And also keep shipping times in mind. Never never never us Surface shipping for overseas customers, no matter how they beg or pout. Air only.

The other thing is that on dotFR you will be listing in euros. Have you looked into the bank costs of doing that?

On eBaydotCA, you can list in US dollars. Everyone in the world understands the US dollar- and Americans, the world's largest economy- understand nothing else.

Have you looked into the Canadian French sub-site?

Your titles are your best sales tool. If your titles are in French, they will be found by customers in France.

EBay gives sellers lots and lots of really bad advice. Like starting your auctions at 99 cents, which they fondly believe attracts multiple bidders, but really only draws a single bottom feeder who will be a total PITA about shipping cost on his 99 cent / 20 lb gadget which he expects to be sent Overnight Express with Free Shipping. (Yes, I am bitter.)

Keep one ID and all your feedback together.