Very Strange Message From Buyer That Didn't Pay

Hi.

I had a buyer with 37 feedback make a counter offer to my counter offer that I accepted.

This is the fourth day and no payment. I sent an invoice 2 days in then yesterday I sent and email asking if they still wanted the item and when could I expect payment and have a good day.

They did message me back and said they haven't paid because their account was suspended and they will pay tomorrow.

I clicked on their buyer name and they have great feedback with fast payment and it does not say that they have been suspended.

How does their account still show up if they are suspended? Wouldn't it say that when I click their name? Could this be a scam? Should I try to cancel the sale? I have heard that ebay.ca won't cancel a sale once it has gone through. Is this true?

Thanks for any advice from the seller mentors on here.

Sherie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KISS.

It's business not personal.

He didn't pay, after messing about with offers and counter offers?

Free up your stock by opening the Unpaid Item Dispute.

If he pays, ship without comment (although I would be using tracking -which is unusual for me).

No feedback.

If he doesn't, get your fees back and put him on your Blocked Bidder List.

Actually when someone putzes around like this, they would tend to end up on my BBL anyway because I am old and cranky. 

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

byto253
Community Member

I would also send an email that you are opening a unpaid item case as Ebay charges you fees even if payment is not made and this is required for you to recover the fees, and that if they are able to pay for it that is fine you will ship it out.    

Most folks have no clue that accepting an offer or winning an auction results in the seller getting charged fees.   

marnotom!
Community Member
Could the buyer have meant that their PayPal account was frozen, rather than their eBay account being suspended?

What’s the value of this sale? Does this buyer have recent feedback left for them? When was their ID created?

This is a very strange situation indeed. But if I were you, I would simply open an Unpaid Item Case and see if the buyer pays. He/she still have an additional 4 days to pay when the case is opened.