Why Is Return Time So Long?

I have the "14 days return" option, yet the buyer has over 30 days before they can ship back the item. Am I misunderstanding something?

Example, I have a request return date of May 4th yet the buy has until Jun 8 to ship the item.

That is way too long. I'd like them to ship it within 14 days not 30?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

The 14 days is how long they have to open the return after receiving the package. It has nothing to do with the time they have to send it back.  I'm not sure when your buyer opened the return but if they just opened it, would be just over 2 weeks.  Although 2 weeks would be annoying, its not unreasonable imo as buyers don't usually have a system set up to ship items.  Before I started selling it was a real pain to send a package.  I'm not sure how long eBay usually gives now but I've heard lots of comments on the time being too long.

It could be useful to remind the customer that you cannot refund until you receive the return.

Or you may want to stay schtum, in the hopes that the customer has changed their mind and will not be returning nor expecting a refund.

Right now, they have the Thing and you have the Money.

Yeah that's way too long. I have another example of:

Date Purchased: August 10
Return Requested: August 23
Buyer has until: Septemper 27 (to ship the item back)

It would be nice if the time was shorter because the item is out there way too long.  They have over a month to ship it back.