just signed up, now I need help to find a supplier

I want to sell clothing an accesories bassed around urban vintage culture.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Do you have a Managed Payments account so that eBay can transfer your payments to your checking account?

You will need to supply the bank information (a checking account with a Canadian bank) and government issued ID, like passport or driving license.

While you are expected to ship as soon as your customer pays, your initial payments will be Held by eBay against your customer satisfaction. You can use the Held payment to buy shipping labels.

And you do get a discount on those shipping labels, but you also need a Solutions for Small Business account from Canada Post.

Your best supplier at this early stage would be liquidation companies selling goods from insurance claims and failed businesses if you want multiple items.

I'd suggest the phone book but you'd laugh. Still you want to deal with suppliers you can visit and sell goods you have in your hands.

Otherwise,  I'll see you at the thrift store, you searching the racks of clothing, me in craft supplies scooping up sewing patterns.

And don't be persuaded to run auctions. EBay pushes them on newbies, because that is eBay's brand. Buyers hate them.

Go for Fixed Price listings which are good for 30 days (not seven) and use Immediate Payment Required to get paid as soon as possible and stop Unpaid Item Disputes.

@modaoperendi wrote:

I want to sell clothing an accesories bassed around urban vintage culture.

You may want to try a few small to medium sized purchases to get the hang of eBay, to see how it work for your customers. 

Perhaps approach your entreprenual venture by FIRST reading e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g about how to be a seller on eBay and address "the needs" before the "wants"...the requirements, the know-how, rules & policies, etc. are of utmost importance.

SELL WHAT YOU KNOW!

KNOW WHAT YOU SELL!

It will require research, sourcing your items from reputable sources and that research will be on you, not on other sellers to do the work for you...

Advice and recommendations we can give, but the rest is up to you...