Shippo Not Working For Canada Post

Has anyone else noticed that Shippo stopped working yesterday afternoon (March 14/19).

I've written to Shippo, and got replies this morning advising they had a problem.

My shipments to the US from Canada, suddenly will not yield any shipping options.

My shipments within Canada, get further (you can see shipping options, but when you go to purchase, you get an error message).    Done it multiple times yesterday and today to confirm.

No changes to my settings.

Shippo even replied that while it is broken, I should go directly to Canadapost to ship (how's that for a clear message they are not working)!

This is pretty poor, when you press the purchase a label link on ebay, and you get taken to a system (shippo), that doesn't work  (meanwhile ebay gives you a deadline to ship)

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I used shippo to print a label to Ontario a little while ago without any problems.

You could also use Paypal to print your label.  

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Hi.

In the same boat, except I didn't get any reply from Shippo's support.
I can buy & print label from CP, the problem is the extra insurance - $1 at Shippo vs. $2.5 at CP per $100. And in some cases CP max insurance is only $100 for Xpresspost! What a joke!
Speaking about insurance, recently CP stopped issuing acceptance receipt for Small Packet International parcels, without which my claim would be turned down.
I just wonder if this is only for me or for all? Perhaps there is a thread somewhere here?
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

same here
I have 2 * CP Tracked Packet USA parcels ready to go, carrier not recognized, "DNS address not recognized by Canada Post", these are for legit US addresses confirmed by Paypal.
90% of my sales are US bound, never had such a problem.
I printed on Shippo as recently as yesterday (Expedited Parcel USA) without any issues.
I still have time to ship, worst case I'll use my CP SSB card at the post office tomorrow.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@coins.4.fun wrote:
Speaking about insurance, recently CP stopped issuing acceptance receipt for Small Packet International parcels, without which my claim would be turned down.

Post office or postal outlet?

Alternative: Get the PO clerk to stamp the receipt half of the Shippo shipping label.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Outlet at Shoppers Drugmart.

Yes, that's exactly what I did last time. And I went even further, I sent the stamped receipt to Shippo to get their opinion on that approach... nor reply.

And they used to reply pretty quick.

Not a good sign...

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Shippo uses a 3rd party insurance company which you can also buy on your own online but the price may be slightly difference.  I believe they use UPic.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Just checked the UPic. Domestic/US insurance is $.150 USD, which $2.00 CAD. Technically it is better than CPs, but still double than Shippo's. 😞
International is $1.95 USD, which gives $2.60 CAD, which even higher then CP's $2.50 CAD.
Also, unlike the Shippo's, these rates are not prorated. 😞
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

It works again!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I imagine that Shippo gets a bulk discount.

What do you mean by not pro-rated?

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Not pro-rated means that if you need to insure $150 parcel (or anything between $101 and $191), then you would have to pay the same amount as you would pay for $200 parcel.
While in Shippo you pay for exact value you need to insure.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Reply from Shippo support:

Yes, Shipsurance will accept a Canada Post stamp on label as acceptance of the package.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

And just to make it even more confusing...
Yesterday I went to another nearby Shoppers Drugmart with CP outlet and shipped out another Small Packet parcel and guess what... they gave me receipt.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

The Small Packet service to the USA and Canada is not tracked.

The barcode on your receipt is an internal bookkeeping number.

Like the barcode on a packet of gum.

Which, by the by, is why it should be relatively easy for Canada Post to offer Confirmation of Delivery on any barcoded service- even on letter rates.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply